> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Ben's Land Of Legato, Lesson By Ben Higgins
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

yoncopin
Mar 9 2015, 05:02 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Ben's Land Of Legato by Ben Higgins

I've been working on this lesson tirelessly for a couple months now. You can see the beginnings in my Gab's Army thread if you're interested. Getting an entirely perfect take was very difficult so this one has a couple small issues, for example the slide was a bit weak. I think it's pretty good overall though and am pretty proud of my progress. Thanks for the feedback, especially for Gab's help along the way.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 11 2015, 10:19 AM
Instructor
Hi there! That's great - You know exactly where Your week points are. Sucha detailed self-analysis is worth a lot when it comes to playing instruments. I think You did a lot of good with that lesson. Your left hand looks good (angles/position). You timming is nice a swell.I do not see much to complain here. Let's wait for Ben - maybe he, as a lesson author will catch some details. Great job!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 11 2015, 10:37 AM
Instructor
Hey, it's nice to see this old classic being resurrected again biggrin.gif

Your timing and articulation is brilliant. It's difficult, as you will have found out, to make legato sound even at lower tempos. We, as guitarists, are tempted to compensate for a lack of finger velocity by hoping that speed will compensate so when we slow legato right down our weaknesses are exposed. So you have done a grand job of making it sound so even, I salute you !

As you've already stated, your slides and position shifts are where the issues are, which is to be expected. These bits are the most difficult aspects of the lesson.

What I sometimes do, when I've got to make a large shift to a higher fret, is to look at that fret and focus on it just before I move there. I'm programming my brain to say 'here, this is where we need to be' and then I've set the destination for the finger. This is easier at low tempos, of course, so I recommend doing that in free time and setting those shifts in concrete while you have the time to correctly 'program your brain and hands' smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 11 2015, 06:35 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Great to find this one at REC! I've already commented your take at Gab's Army so I'm here to add my grade.

Keep on the good job!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 12 2015, 07:57 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7.7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:32 AM