> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Daeron's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 12 2015, 07:21 PM
Instructor
Hi Daeron! Welcome to your thread for Gab's Army. smile.gif

Here I will copy some important info that you shared to have it as reference:

- Been playing for 10 months.
- Influences: David Gilmour, BB King, Albert King, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Fred Chapellier, Rory Gallhager, Mattew Bellamy, Jack White and many bluesmen I forgot... Blues is my favorite music. (Rock and progressive)
- Little nowledge about chords, intervals, and minor pentatonic.

Ok, so before we begin, please let me know what lessons and topics you are currently working...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daeron
Apr 12 2015, 08:20 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hello Gabriel and thank you ! smile.gif

Presently I'm working on this lessons :
- Beginner's corner 21 : string bending
- Beginner's corner 22 : Hammer-ons
- Beginner's corner 23 : Pull-offs
- Beginner's corner 12 : Strumming & rhythm

I'm also working a song from Fleetwood Mac, called I loved another woman.

smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 13 2015, 09:09 PM
Instructor
Hi Daeron, that's a good list of lessons. Based on the video I've seen, you'll be able to play those lessons soon. It's very important to organize your time wisely to cover all topics every day during the next days.

Each of the lessons cover a different and very important technique so I would divide your time in equal blocks:

Let's say that you have approximately 2 hours for guitar practice each day, your routine could look like this:

- Rhythm (25 minutes)
- Bending (25 minutes)
- Hammer on (20 minutes)
- Pull off (20 minutes)
- Song practice (25 minutes)

After the first week of practice, I'd like to see videos from you playing the lessons in order to give you feedback and suggest any other exercise and lesson that I consider you should start working.

Deal?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Daeron
Apr 13 2015, 09:49 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Great, Gabriel. I'll do that and I'll come to you when I'll have videos of my practice. Thank you ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 14 2015, 01:02 AM
Instructor
Great! I'll wait for them. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Daeron
Apr 19 2015, 01:08 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hello Gabriel

I just made a video recording of me playing the Beginner's corner Strumming & rhythm, not good enough to post as a REC :

I know that there are some issues but I have much worked this week on timing (with the foot moving on the beat) and dynamics. Moreover, I made the strumming pattern written on the guitar pro tab all long. In his lesson, it seems that Bear doesn't play the same pattern on the second part but I couldn't find the pattern with my hear, it's too quick.

I'll intent to make a video of me playing the bending lesson, if I can find time (it take much time to record but it helps a lot).

Thank you ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 20 2015, 01:11 AM
Instructor
Hi Daeron! You are doing a very good job with this lesson. Your timing is consistent and you are starting to look comfortable with chord changes, there are just a few chords that are not totally clean when you reach them at first so more days of practice will help.

It's true that the second part includes a different, more improvised rhythm. If the instructor didn't tab it, don't worry about it and take it as a possible variation of the rhythm for this one. When we play rhythm guitar, we usually improvise and create variations to make the tunes more interesting and less predictable.

You are doing a great job, congrats!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Daeron
Apr 20 2015, 07:36 AM
Learning Chord Basher
Thank you, Gabriel. I'll continue working on this lessons, until they can be presented in the REC zone.
I'm not too far for the strumming lesson, there's a little bit more work to do with the bending lesson and the pull-off lesson. And even more wore with the hammer-on one.

I hope I'll be able to make them sound good in a couple of days. smile.gif

In the strumming lesson, I'll concentrate the work on the changes of chords to have the fingers straight in the chords quickly. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 20 2015, 03:03 PM
Instructor
Good plan, keep on the good job! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Daeron
May 18 2015, 06:53 AM
Learning Chord Basher
Hello Gab !

Well, I've been practicing the exercises every day for one month, now. I think that I'll soon be ready to post takes for the hammer-on lesson and pull-off one.

But about the string bending lesson I have problems with vibrating some bends. I work very much every day to enhance my vibrato and bending vibrato but the last one is difficult because my left hand has much tension to bend the string. I'm not able to make a delicate vibrato, the pitch is too much changing... Maybe I should post a little video to show you ?

I started to practice Ben's vibrato odyssey 5 in order to work my vibrato. Maybe you would have some other cool lesson to work the string bending and vibrato ?

Thank you !

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 18 2015, 03:59 PM
Instructor
Hi Daeron, yes, a video would really help. Bending + vibrato requires more strength from your left hand so it's usually more difficult to master. I would like to check if you are using other fingers from your left hand to help the one that is bending since it is essential to make consistent bending and even more if you want to add vibrato.

I'll wait for the video!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Daeron
May 22 2015, 08:55 AM
Learning Chord Basher
Hello Gabriel !

I just made two little videos to show you how I make the vibrato and bending vibrato. I think that I have made a little bit progress since I wrote my message but your tips would be great to enhance my working session. Bends, vibratos and vibrating bends is very important for me because I like to play blues and I like David Gilmour... well, I think that you understand ! biggrin.gif

I have some problems with vibrating bends :
- keep the note sound (sustain)
- keeping the good pitch
- being able to vibrate quick and close to the pitch or more slow and wide
- make it smooth and sounding good

The first video is with the backing track of the beginner's corner #21 :

And another video to concentrate more on vibrating bend :

Thank you in advance. Looking for your tips ! Can't wait ! cool.gif

This post has been edited by Daeron: May 22 2015, 08:59 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 22 2015, 07:41 PM
Instructor
Hi Daeron. Both technique require more practice but you are on the right track. The problem with bending is pitch in some of them. There are others that are very good, but there are some bends that aren't reaching the right pitch so pay attention to it.

Vibrato is a very personal technique and usually defines the voice of the guitarists, so you need to give specific attention and extra work to develop your own vibrato/s in order to find your own voice. By now, your vibrato is not consistent and regular so you need to continue practicing to be able to do what you want with your left hand fingers. Some tips to have in mind:

- Vibrato usually starts a bit before the note sounds. This means that you should let the note sound and then start vibrato gradually.
- Vibrato should vibrato at a speed that goes good with the groove of the backing track / song.
- Vibrato can be fast and aggressive sometimes if you want to generate that feeling but most of the times is a natural part of the note.
- Listen to your favorite players, watch them play vibrato and try to imitate it. It's a good way of learning and mastering this technique.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Daeron
May 23 2015, 07:36 AM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 22 2015, 06:41 PM) *
Hi Daeron. Both technique require more practice but you are on the right track. The problem with bending is pitch in some of them. There are others that are very good, but there are some bends that aren't reaching the right pitch so pay attention to it.

Vibrato is a very personal technique and usually defines the voice of the guitarists, so you need to give specific attention and extra work to develop your own vibrato/s in order to find your own voice. By now, your vibrato is not consistent and regular so you need to continue practicing to be able to do what you want with your left hand fingers. Some tips to have in mind:

- Vibrato usually starts a bit before the note sounds. This means that you should let the note sound and then start vibrato gradually.
- Vibrato should vibrato at a speed that goes good with the groove of the backing track / song.
- Vibrato can be fast and aggressive sometimes if you want to generate that feeling but most of the times is a natural part of the note.
- Listen to your favorite players, watch them play vibrato and try to imitate it. It's a good way of learning and mastering this technique.

Thank you for your answer, Gabriel.

Yes, actually the pitch of my bends are still not very consistant... I work with the chromatic tuner to help but there's a lot of work to do, still.

For the vibrato & bend vibrato, ok. I understand that there's not one technique but that each one has to develop his own. So, let's take my guitar and practice and practice,... smile.gif I have much more problems to vibrate the B and E chords because I must vibrate up !

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 23 2015, 03:39 PM
Instructor
yeah, it requires more strength. Are you using other fingers to help the one that is bending?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Daeron
May 23 2015, 07:26 PM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 23 2015, 02:39 PM) *
yeah, it requires more strength. Are you using other fingers to help the one that is bending?

Yes, I do. The strenght is coming slowly and I can feel that I can bend with less effort, so vibrating then is possible.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 24 2015, 09:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Daeron @ May 23 2015, 03:26 PM) *
Yes, I do. The strenght is coming slowly and I can feel that I can bend with less effort, so vibrating then is possible.

Excellent, keep the hard work! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Daeron
May 25 2015, 08:08 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Well, maybe I shouldn't have posted my take on the Beginner's corner string bending lesson. I knew it still wasn't good...

But I have the feeling that I should work on another lesson that concentrate on bends & vibrato, without discarding the Beginner's corner one.

Could you help me to choose one that could be interesting for me and not to hard for my level ?
This one sounds very well, I like very much the licks but I'm afraid that it is too quick for me : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Blues-...SRV-Style-Solo/

What do you think ?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 26 2015, 03:15 PM
Instructor
I think that it's a bit fast, I would for for one of these:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/The_tasty_etude/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Buckethead-Style-II/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Daeron
May 27 2015, 07:24 AM
Learning Chord Basher
Hello Gabriel

Thank you for your recommandations !

I don't like very much the first lesson, but the Buckethead one is cool. I give it a try since yesterday. I didn't know this artist and I'll dicover his music as I try this lesson. Thank you ! smile.gif

And I'll continue with the SRV style lesson because I like very the way it sounds with wild vibrato. wink.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:19 PM