Ngd, Todd you would be proud
PosterBoy
Aug 26 2015, 10:24 AM
Learning Roadie
I in my old age decided to get a guitar that would be more suited to Jazz (as well as the roots rock/Americana I like)

So that pretty much came down to a 335 style guitar.

The price of the Gibson 335 was way to much now I'm married, so I started looking at Eastman which are around €1000, then I came down in price to the Ibanez AS93 at €500 and finally the Epiphone The Dot which came in at €408 with a hardcase.

The cheapest guitar I own

The wide flat neck and small frets will take some getting used to but I have to say I'm impressed with the build quality and finish of this Indonesian made guitar. The poly finish is a bit plasticy but I was expecting that. The grover tuners are solid and stable, the nut whilst plastic isn't giving any issues.

I will probably upgrade the wiring, pickups and nut at some point but as it is, it gets a thumbs up from me!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Aug 26 2015, 09:09 PM
GMC:er
Congrats! I don't agree with the age thing though smile.gif

I actually like epi.s stock, 2 friends of mine one bought an SG the other LP when I played them didn't had a feel that they needed electronic modification. Never had the chance to play a 335 though, I'd expect to be a bit more picky on tone as my expectation on that guitar would be a mid-gain tone monster smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 27 2015, 04:11 PM
Congrats on your new addition PB!!!
Those Epi's are hard to beat for the price!!
smile.gif smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 29 2015, 02:45 PM
Instructor
Congrats mate! The best way to choose a guitar is by trying it by yourself. It doesn't care how much it costs, it's how good it feels.

Nice guitar! I'd like to see it at REC soon.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 29 2015, 06:48 PM
Always a good thing to get a great deal on a nused axe! Congrats wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:28 AM