7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Punk Collab - Guitar Solos & Vocals Required!
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 23 2015, 09:29 PM
Instructor
Hey friends! Welcome to my new collab!

This one is based on a Punk Rock backing track taken from my new 20 punk bands lesson.

If you listen to the backing, you'll identify 3 parts from the lesson (DieToten Hosen, Rise Against and Social Distortion) You can go to those parts in the lesson to learn the chords and rhythm.

Attached File  Punk_Collab_Backing.mp3 ( 1.17MB ) Number of downloads: 290

You can record solos over the whole backing or you can choose one part and solo over it. The same goes for the vocals, you can create lyrics and vocal lines for the part that you like more.

Tempo: 90 bpm

Guitar Solos:

If you are planning to solo over this one, you can use G major over the first (Die Toten Hosen), A minor (Rise Against) over the second one and G major over the third one (Social Distortion). You can use also use the Pentatonic scales.

Vocals:

Everybody is invited to record vocals and write lyrics.

Files:

You can share audio files for the audio mix and also a video or picture for the final video.

Deadline: January 10th

Who is in?

FINAL VIDEO & COMMENTS:

Ok friends! This is the final video for this amazing collab!!

I’m really glad with the final results of this one so thanks everybody who joined this one and specially Gitarrero for writing lyrics and singing vocals for this one.

Participants:

Gabriel Leopardi – Rhythm Guitar & Vocals
Gitarrero – Vocals & Guitar arrangements
Trigger - Lead Guitar & arrangements
MossRoller – Lead Guitar
Phil66 – Guitar melodies in verse
Kristofer Dahl – Epic Guitar Solo
Procyon – Second Epic Solo
Tflava - More Guitar epicness!
Todd – Classic Metal Guitar Solo
Chris GLP – Punky Solo

Some extra comments:

Gitarrero: You have composed really tasty vocal melodies and lyrics for this one. I think that it’s time to form your punk band and tour with Die Toten Hosen! Your guitar track is also epic and could be full used if this weren’t a collab with many players. By the way, I noticed that the verse riff fits great in the mix. Keep rocking!

Trigger76: Your solo is very tasty. I love how your tone fits with the backing. I think that the use of wah wah and the guitar harmonics are killer choices. Everything is perfectly played so you rock mate. Congrats!

MossRoller: Your phrasing is very tasteful, I enjoy listening to your hole solo over and over. Except by some little sections where lines direction is not totally defined, the overall is killer! Thanks for the cool looking video!

Phil66: I’m glad that you’ve decided to join this one! It’s a pity that I didn’t receive a video from you but your name is shown on screen. It’s not easy to add a guitar solo when vocals are sounding, but in this case, your solo fit great! Thanks mate!

Procyon: Your solo is really cool and could be an instrumental song by itself. You managed really well structure and have a very Satch feel. Well done!

Tflava: You are a very hard worker student and I’m glad to find that your playing is becoming very musical. There are things to clean in your solo, and technique to adjust but the idea is clear and cool to hear. Keep working!

Chris GLP: Killer solo, perfect technique and Gibson Les Paul warmness. Your solo is very enjoyable and fits really well with the style. Thanks for your entry!

Bleez: As I've said via PM, there was something wrong with the scale choices for your solo so I couldn't make it fit. I'm sorry about it!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Jan 14 2016, 09:59 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 23 2015, 10:28 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I'll have a go, it sounds tricky with all the changes but I'll try smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 23 2015, 11:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 23 2015, 06:28 PM) *
I'll have a go, it sounds tricky with all the changes but I'll try smile.gif

Don't worry about changes, you can jam over the first section in E minor if you are not comfortable with changes.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Dec 23 2015, 11:21 PM
Tone Seeker
Oh, yes. I'm in smile.gif

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Dec 23 2015, 11:23 PM
Learning Roadie
let try the punk attitude !!!

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 24 2015, 08:22 AM
GMC:er
You had me at E MINOR!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 24 2015, 10:51 AM
GMC Founder
IN!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Dec 24 2015, 01:01 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 24 2015, 07:22 AM) *
You had me at E MINOR!

LOL! works for me as well!
IN cool.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 24 2015, 01:50 PM
Instructor
Awesome guys!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 24 2015, 04:54 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I'm also in this time!.

This time i wont be too late smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 24 2015, 06:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tflava @ Dec 24 2015, 12:54 PM) *
I'm also in this time!.

This time i wont be too late smile.gif

Great mate! You're welcome! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Dec 24 2015, 09:31 PM
Yep!! I should be able to get something done!!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 24 2015, 10:12 PM
Struggling, waiting for others to post to get some inspiration laugh.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
MossRoller
Dec 25 2015, 06:04 PM
Hi, Well I'll give this a shot. I patched together a few rough guitar takes.
Not sure if this very punkish though.

Attached File  PunkCollabGMC_Moss_Take1.mp3 ( 929.13K ) Number of downloads: 186

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 26 2015, 08:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MossRoller @ Dec 25 2015, 02:04 PM) *
Hi, Well I'll give this a shot. I patched together a few rough guitar takes.
Not sure if this very punkish though.

Attached File  PunkCollabGMC_Moss_Take1.mp3 ( 929.13K ) Number of downloads: 186

Hi mate! Thanks for your take! I like what you've done over each section! There are many cool ideas that will help me to build a great song. The only parts that shows little issues are the connection between parts where you keep a note which doesn't fit good with the new part starting, but this is not a problem because I'm going to combine this with other takes.

If this is your final take please remember to share the only guitar file.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 26 2015, 08:18 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hello Guys,

Here a first shot.
Just some ideas. Maybe you have some advice?

Thanks already.

greetz Tim[attachment=43703:punk_colab.wav]

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 26 2015, 11:35 PM
Instructor
Hi Tim, thanks for your recording!

Your takes over part 1 and 2 sounds better to me. The first one (over Die Toten Hosen) could be improved by targeting more chord notes. You are playing a very melodic idea so most of the notes are long. I recommend you to re-check them and see which ones could be switched by a chord note which will make your solo more connected with the backing. I suggest doing this exercise: Choose the note that you like less from the solo and change it for a third of the chord that is sounding. Then tell me if you feel it improves it.

The solo over the second part starts ok, but then the ideas are not clear, you need to re-work the following phrases. Try simpler stuff.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
MossRoller
Dec 28 2015, 05:33 AM
Hi everyone,
Well I still needed to record a video, so I tried to fix those ugly notes on this take.

That red Rec light and trying to play standing up... sad.gif
Would you like the 'guitar only' files from both takes or is the one from this video fine?

I found out it's really important to light up that green screen...

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 28 2015, 01:58 PM
Instructor
Lots of tasty melodies and a really cool looking video! You rock mate. Thanks a lot! smile.gif

Please share the guitar only file from the video take.

Anybody else working on this one? Any lyrics or vocal ideas?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 28 2015, 07:53 PM
Much harder than I anticipated to come up with ideas. I think it's harder for me with fast paced backing. Also this time of year messes with routines and schedules sad.gif

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:25 AM