Normal Harmonics In Marcus Lavendell's Winding Roads Solo, How do you get the normal harmonic sound in this solo?
Ayen
Aug 2 2007, 02:43 AM
GMC:er
While learning the solo to the song, I came across the part where Marcus hits the strings from above, between lessons 4 and 5. I read where it says:

you just do regular harmonics on the 12th fret on the G- and B-strings

I just can't seem to get the right sound. It sounds bland, and doesn't fade out like in the solo. Has anyone else had any luck with this?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Aug 2 2007, 04:03 AM
QUOTE (Ayen @ Aug 1 2007, 07:43 PM) *
While learning the solo to the song, I came across the part where Marcus hits the strings from above, between lessons 4 and 5. I read where it says:
I just can't seem to get the right sound. It sounds bland, and doesn't fade out like in the solo. Has anyone else had any luck with this?

i havent checked that part out. But im very sure he's talking about Natural Harmonics. To perform a natural harmonic, simply play an open string and quickly+slightly touch it with your finger and remove it quickly.

Theoretically speaking, a Natural Harmonic can be done in any fret, but its very dificult. The easiest ones are: 12th fret, 7th fret, 5th fret, 19/20th fret.

Pavel explains Natural and Artificial harmonics even better in his lesson:

Check it out here: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...onics/index.htm

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Ayen
Aug 2 2007, 06:16 AM
Ah I didnt know you had to remove the finger quickly, and thanks I must've missed that lesson!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Aug 2 2007, 06:23 AM
QUOTE (Ayen @ Aug 1 2007, 11:16 PM) *
Ah I didnt know you had to remove the finger quickly, and thanks I must've missed that lesson!

no problem mate. im glad i helped. And dont hesitate to ask more questions! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Aug 2 2007, 08:49 AM
Instructor
I see that an answer from me is not needed!
Thanks FretDancer69 smile.gif

-Marcus

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Aug 2 2007, 09:29 AM
QUOTE (lavendell @ Aug 2 2007, 01:49 AM) *
I see that an answer from me is not needed!
Thanks FretDancer69 smile.gif
-Marcus

no problem, i usually not capable of helping others in most situations, but im glad i helped. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:30 AM