> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Metal Metrics 2, Lesson By Cosmin Lupu
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

Siinthd
Dec 15 2019, 04:00 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Metal Metrics 2 by Cosmin Lupu

this take turned out to be quite difficult, it is not easy to get into a double track, given that the second part is uneven. plus I could not get rid some noise in the first part from note C, I managed to remove most of it but some clang remained. Perhaps these are the consequences of old strings and the wrong string gauge 10-46.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 16 2019, 06:05 PM
Instructor
Hi mate!

Your guitar is a bit low in the mix so it's difficult to identify details to polish. However, from what I can hear, this is a very tight take. The only part that seems to have some room to be polished is the first one (first riff section). The other sections sound tight to me.

It's true that it's difficult to play this type of riffs tight, and even more when you have two guitars. It's also better to use at least 013 strings when using low tuning (in this case it's drop A).

By the way, I think that you did a good job here so I'll give you an 8!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 17 2019, 01:51 AM
GMC:er
alternating triples are never an easy thing to synch to a beat imho. This is played quite well as far as I can tell. Once you hit your strike you are really on top of it. You don't look like you are even breaking a sweat which I can only assume comes from quite a bit of time spent in practice. This is played quite well and you display very tight synch with the original recording.

I had a fun time listening to it. It's quite a good performance. I think this style of music suits you and your axe quite well. Solid work and a Solid 8 from me!!
Todd

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 17 2019, 11:21 AM
Instructor
Hey there!

In some kind of sense you managed to diagnouse yourself on your own smile.gif Double tracking is a perfect way of understanding how well we know the lesson and how precise we are. If we leave smallest, single detail to be random every time we play, then it will be spotted in double tracking recording. You do have in fact problems controling unwanted noises and the middle part shows that the runs are not learned precise enough yet. In simple words we can say I would not be able to transcribe the part from your playing because there are moments that make things sound blurry/unclear.

In that part around 0:35 your left hand acts properly but you need to touch the strings even softer because it causes that cracking sound in pauses. For high distortion amount, you will also need to support it with your right hand muting (using side of the palm similar way you use your straightened left hand fingers.

Now about the strings. Tuning the guitar so low with a regular string gauge is a huge mistake. You guitar was probably delivered with set up for standard E tuning with this gauge. It means that the neck curve has been adjusted to compensate the tension of this strings in this particular tuning. When you loosen the strings so low, the neck get's backbow and everything starts to buzz below every acceptable limit. Distortion hides the problem a little but ...onyl a little.

Players use way thickers strings for low tunings to compensate the tension. For this tuning at least 13-56 strings should give similar tension to 10-46 in Standard E. The is no way to have one guitar being perfect for all tunings without replacing strings and readjusting the truss-rod. It's best to simple have one sinstrument dedicated for low tunings and one for standard.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 18 2019, 09:30 AM
GMC Founder
Nice! To my ears this is a musical take with only a few hickups - ie some noise (or lack of note separation) around 00:26.

Sound wise Cosmin's take is more "scooped" with a complex high end - though yours still sounds pretty cool!

Keep it up - you get a 7 from me!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 31 2019, 08:12 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7.5

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:38 PM