Dont Know Were To Start
Neosmithk
Sep 21 2007, 02:12 AM
GMC:er
hey im i've been playing the guitar for about 4 weeks, but im still confused on where to start. i want to be able to play like you do but as i said i really have no idea where to start

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pavel
Sep 21 2007, 02:50 AM
Instructor
Hey mate! I am really glad you look at me as your goal and it's great! Thanks! smile.gif

Don't hurry! I am in to serious practicing for 5 years now so take it easy and learn guitar step by step. Start by learning Kris's lessons for beginners, than learn his alternate picking lessons. After that there are loads of AP lessons, Rock Rhythm And Solo lessons, riffing stuff.

I suggest you start with Kris's AP lessons as they are pretty simple and suitable for beginners! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
jammer91
Sep 21 2007, 04:29 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Sep 21 2007, 05:50 AM) *
I suggest you start with Kris's AP lessons as they are pretty simple and suitable for beginners! smile.gif

The AP3 is a bit hard (im still workin on it)...

Yeah but 1&2 really give you a boost.

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
Neosmithk
Sep 21 2007, 07:30 AM
thx i'll get right to doing all that stuff!

--------------------

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Sep 21 2007, 07:43 AM
Just make sure what your practicing on guitar is fun to you,otherwise you wont really do it long.It's hard work especially starting from scratch but just dont give up and keep a set amount of time each day to devote to practicing and you will become an excellent guitarist one day.I'll be honest your not going to be playing Pavel's lessons note for note for a good while.There hard to playand some are really advanced .You have to learn the basic's before you get to the other techniques or you would be setting yourself up for failure.Pavel told me once it's like a baby you have to learn to walk before you can talk,apply that to the guitar andi know with practice you will nail it.There's no easy quick way of doing it just time and practice.

So get that guitar and start playing as many hours a day you can.The more you practice a day the quicker you will become great.Just dont ever say the word CANT when refurring to guitar cause there's nothing you cant do just stuff you havent learned yet.Make us proud!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Neosmithk
Sep 21 2007, 08:30 AM
thx, i usually practice 3-4 hrs a day

~praciticing right now

--------------------

+Quote Post
Understudy
Sep 21 2007, 11:22 AM
Just wanted to say that shredmandan's comments above are fantastic ! It is nice to see experienced players provide a level of comfort for beginers. We all have to start some where, and it should always be at the begining !! If I could recommend Andrew's theory lessons also, they will help you understand what you are learning . Best of luck and practice !

--------------------
Guitars Carvin DC-127 Ibanez RG-470
Accoustic Guitar Ovation Celebrity
Amp Marshall VS65R
Recording Gear Tascam Ministudio Porta 02 (Analog 4 track)
Boss DR-220 Dr. Rhythm Digital Drum Machine
Tuner Boss TU-12
Effects pedals Dunlop 535Q CryBaby, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Boss
CS-3 Compression Sustainer, Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, Boss DD-5 Digital Delay

+Quote Post
fkalich
Sep 21 2007, 11:59 AM
"Just follow the Yellow Brick road."

Attached Image

This post has been edited by fkalich: Sep 21 2007, 12:00 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 05:05 PM