Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Collaborations
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
OrganisedConfusion
I really want to take part in the collaborations but can't record at the minute as I don't have the equipment required. What would you say I should buy to be able to record and upload my participation? Preferably cheaper options but I have a little money to spend.
Bogdan Radovic
I use and know a lot of people that use line6 toneport for recording smile.gif I would recommend it because its simple to use..There are lot of versions of it (cheaper and more expensive) they will all do when it comes to recording guitar .. wink.gif
Chris Evans
hi, check out this topic HERE with a list of recording software, as a recomendation tho I`d choose Reaper, theres Tonymiro`s recording and mixing class`s in the recording section of the forum to learn how to use it and its free to try and a cheap license to buy (around $50) well worth the money imo.
OrganisedConfusion
I have a Sound Blaster X Fi card in my PC and you can get an interface for that in which you can plug a guitar. Is that worthwhile or not? Isn't the Toneport very similar to this interface or the same idea or is that a lot better?
Chris Evans
I couldnt comment on the Toneport I`m afraid, I`ve never tried one, I record directly into my PCs sound card from my PODs output into Reaper and have no problems with the quality.
OrganisedConfusion
QUOTE (Bogdan @ Jan 7 2008, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I use and know a lot of people that use line6 toneport for recording smile.gif I would recommend it because its simple to use..There are lot of versions of it (cheaper and more expensive) they will all do when it comes to recording guitar .. wink.gif

Do you have a Line 6 Toneport UX2 then is it and can you plug keyboards in also as I play guitar/bass/keys and sing so would like to do it all.
Bogdan Radovic
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 7 2008, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a Sound Blaster X Fi card in my PC and you can get an interface for that in which you can plug a guitar. Is that worthwhile or not? Isn't the Toneport very similar to this interface or the same idea or is that a lot better?

Well great advantage of toneport is in its software.You get a software GEARBOX in which you choose various amp and speaker simulations.Check out its review here.

If you have a multyeffects processor unit (pod or something) than you can use SB and that interface..I can comment anything more about that option (latency etc) because I never used it.. wink.gif

EDIT : Yeah I have UX2 ..You can plug in keys,bass/guitar ...Though you can record only 2 channels at the same time , for example MIC and Keys or MIC and guitar/bass , MIC 1 and MIC 2 wink.gif

Its very handy device.. wink.gif
OrganisedConfusion
QUOTE (Bogdan @ Jan 7 2008, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well great advantage of toneport is in its software.You get a software GEARBOX in which you choose various amp and speaker simulations.Check out its review here.

If you have a multyeffects processor unit (pod or something) than you can use SB and that interface..I can comment anything more about that option (latency etc) because I never used it.. wink.gif
EDIT : Yeah I have UX2 ..You can plug in keys,bass/guitar ...Though you can record only 2 channels at the same time , for example MIC and Keys or MIC and guitar/bass , MIC 1 and MIC 2 wink.gif

Its very handy device.. wink.gif

I think I'd struggle to play guitar, bass and sing at the same time lol biggrin.gif Maybe do bass tapping with my feet smile.gif I think I shall get this for my birthday on the 24th of this month. Does it connect easily to programs like Guitar Rig 2?
Bogdan Radovic
Well it does , but Guitar Rig is really not needed because you have the same (and I think somewhat better )thing in gearbox software that comes with it.. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.