Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getting A Strong Pinky
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
strai
does anyone have some good exercises for training my pinky? especially when i want to bend a tring (a whole note) with only my pinky i notice that my pinky is not strong enough..
Chris Evans
I wouldnt say that youd do a whole tone bend with just your pinky alone, normally you`d back the bend up that the pinky is doing with your third (ring) finger, study one of the instuctors videos, I`d recommend Muris`s lesson as he uses his pinky all the time.

There are many pinky workouts, but the good old 1,2,3,4 starting on the bottom E string is the favourite for most
Muris Varajic
Try THIS (slowly first of course)
along with exercise Smells told you. smile.gif
xucphra
I used a finger excercise machine. You can take it anywhere with you and kinda play around on it while you are working or studying.
Gripmaster Link
Dejan Farkas
And you can try THIS ONE alng with the others smile.gif
Pavel
Muris is right! Any legato lesson will improve your pinky! See also my "Basics Of Legato" and "Legato horizontal runs" smile.gif
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (xucphra @ Jan 10 2008, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I used a finger excercise machine. You can take it anywhere with you and kinda play around on it while you are working or studying.
Gripmaster Link

This IS nice tool indeed,I have Red one,really useful smile.gif
xucphra
Same here. I bought the red one a couple years back and I still have it; it comes in handy whenever you can't play guitar for a few weeks. It keeps your fingers working while you don't play guitar =]
Mackietao
Speaking of grippers. I´m using, at the moment very occationally, Iron minds "Captains of Crush" those are great, great quality.

www.ironmind.com

I have most of them in my collection but when it comes to guitar I only use the trainer. Some before starting playing as warmup. But even the trainer is quite hard when you´re doing many reps so be careful so you won´t get too tired wink.gif
skennington
Try THIS

[/quote]

Once again, How Do Him Do This Mon? ohmy.gif

Muris, you are the man! wink.gif
Mackietao
QUOTE (skennington @ Jan 11 2008, 03:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try THIS
Once again, How Do Him Do This Mon? ohmy.gif

Muris, you are the man! wink.gif

Haha, I wasn´t expecting that in the end from Muris tongue.gif
I always wondered what was inside Muris Super Pro musician shell.. xD
And now we know =)
Reaver
QUOTE (Mackietao @ Jan 11 2008, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And now we know =)

I tried a really basic exorcise that has helped me, but the video's posted by you guys just blow this one out of the water! Still, if you're looking for something a little simpler to get you started you could try this:

12 15 14 15 etc etc, move it around, try it on different strings
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (Mackietao @ Jan 11 2008, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And now we know =)

Yep,heavy world today biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.