Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Site Name Change?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Sabbz
Shouldn't you change the name of the site since you're offering bass, singing and drum lessons as well as guitar lessons? I think Musician Master Class would be more appropriate now. laugh.gif
MickeM
QUOTE (Sabbz @ Jan 25 2008, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shouldn't you change the name of the site since you're offering bass, singing and drum lessons as well as guitar lessons? I think Musician Master Class would be more appropriate now. laugh.gif

I know Kris is about to lay a bid on GMC.com with hopes to get millions of visitors
Muris Varajic
MMC...hmmm...dunno

GMC sounds more powerful biggrin.gif

Global Musical Community!!!!!!!!
Kristofer Dahl
You have missed the news! biggrin.gif

http://www.musicianmasterclass.net

or how about

http://www.vocalmasterclass.net

or maybe

http://www.bassmasterclass.net

or

http://www.bandmasterclass.net

ohmy.gif blink.gif cool.gif laugh.gif

oh no hybris again biggrin.gif
OrganisedConfusion
lol. Taking over the world biggrin.gif
Sabbz
LOL! Gotta love URL redirection.
Maximus
Now that's forward thinking!
Muris Varajic
laugh.gif laugh.gif

I almost clicked on those nasty links laugh.gif wink.gif
skennington
QUOTE (Muris @ Jan 25 2008, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif laugh.gif

I did! blink.gif
kyldeee
QUOTE (skennington @ Jan 25 2008, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did! blink.gif

haha Me too biggrin.gif
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (kyldeee @ Jan 25 2008, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haha Me too biggrin.gif

Me too blink.gif and they all threw some ugly Swede in my face (although I felt I had something in common with the guy! ) laugh.gif
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (skennington @ Jan 25 2008, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did! blink.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 25 2008, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Me too blink.gif and they all threw some ugly Swede in my face (although I felt I had something in common with the guy! ) laugh.gif

I didn't like the nasty shouting - "you ready!"

Ready for what? I'm sure I don't want to find out ... not the sort of thing we would allow on GMC for sure ohmy.gif
Atlantik
All roads lead to Ro.. GMC? blink.gif

hehe.. Nice to see the site expanding, or perhaps evolving, in the way it is though. smile.gif
Bogdan Radovic
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 25 2008, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
or maybe

http://www.bassmasterclass.net

ohmy.gif blink.gif cool.gif laugh.gif

oh no hybris again biggrin.gif

I'll use this one in future wink.gif ehheehhe

Very cool to see different urls leading here wink.gif When you get bored typing one you just use another wink.gif
Pavel
Hahahah redirection rulez! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Cool stuff man! smile.gif
Bondy
Having Nasty flashbacks must not press link again Evil half man half robot swede using subliminal messages telling me to get another GMC subscription ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh must resist but i can't clicking paypal link now!!!!! wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif
Stevie-Ray-Vaughn
QUOTE (Bondy @ Jan 25 2008, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Having Nasty flashbacks must not press link again Evil half man half robot swede using subliminal messages telling me to get another GMC subscription ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh must resist but i can't clicking paypal link now!!!!! wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif

Once you join GMC, you can never go back! MUAHAHA
Bondy
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo it's the light i can't help it blink.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif
Stevie-Ray-Vaughn
QUOTE (Bondy @ Jan 25 2008, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo it's the light i can't help it blink.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif

HAHAHA You'll be one of us ...

FOREVER ph34r.gif
Hisham Al-Sanea
i dont know i feel the site name still in power so i dont see to change the name
Stevie-Ray-Vaughn
Although we do have all these instruments, it is still mainly guitar players. And GMC just has a nice ring to it smile.gif
Duncan
Personally I think the site should be called:

www.thankstothissiteduncancannowplaytripletsat160bpm.com/thankyou
Stevie-Ray-Vaughn
QUOTE (Duncan @ Jan 25 2008, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally I think the site should be called:

www.thankstothissiteduncancannowplaytripletsat160bpm.com/thankyou

I agree! biggrin.gif
Juan M. Valero
QUOTE (Muris @ Jan 25 2008, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif laugh.gif

me too !!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Duncan
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Jan 25 2008, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree! biggrin.gif

Excellent. That is 2 vs 3,976

The revolution has started!
skennington
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jan 25 2008, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ready for what? I'm sure I don't want to find out ... not the sort of thing we would allow on GMC for sure ohmy.gif

Damn Andrew, you brought back a laugh for me. The first time I ever visited the site I had been playing around with my cpu sound. I decided to hook up my little peavey rage as the external speaker. Guess what, volume was up and did'nt realize it until I hit this site. Yep, Kris screams "Are You Ready" and it scared the living s**** out of me. Makes me lmao now that I think about it. thanks!
fkalich
QUOTE (Sabbz @ Jan 25 2008, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

of course not. business school 101. you rarely change your name, the name has franchise value at this point. changing it would be flushing money down the toilet. if you have a zillion dollar advertising budget, maybe. for example the credit card companies changed their names once. but for a small business, probably a big mistake. even if he had called it "Kris's Dog and Suds Cafe", it would not matter.
fkalich
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 25 2008, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

but that is a stretch, still just a permutation of the same name, which as I pointed out, at this point has value. companies often sell out to a buyer with little real value other than the name. still enough for the top execs to retire to big houses on the hill. not that you have reached that point yet Kris.
MickeM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jan 26 2008, 01:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
of course not. business school 101. you rarely change your name, the name has franchise value at this point. changing it would be flushing money down the toilet. if you have a zillion dollar advertising budget, maybe. for example the credit card companies changed their names once. but for a small business, probably a big mistake. even if he had called it "Kris's Dog and Suds Cafe", it would not matter.

Very good point! New name means to some extent restarting and rebuilding value around the name.

Although I like Duncans name suggestion biggrin.gif
Bogdan Radovic
Yeah if you change the name you have to start over again...Thats a big waste..Also same thing applies for music band names..You are worth in relation how many people know your name if you change it your back on the start wink.gif
Sabbz
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jan 25 2008, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That actually scared the Bejeezus out of me the first time I ever came here. Had my speakers turned up and didn't realize the vid was there til it was too late. laugh.gif
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (skennington @ Jan 25 2008, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damn Andrew, you brought back a laugh for me. The first time I ever visited the site I had been playing around with my cpu sound. I decided to hook up my little peavey rage as the external speaker. Guess what, volume was up and did'nt realize it until I hit this site. Yep, Kris screams "Are You Ready" and it scared the living s**** out of me. Makes me lmao now that I think about it. thanks!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Sabbz
QUOTE (skennington @ Jan 25 2008, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif I missed this til I saw Andrew's reply. You got it worse than me, apparently. laugh.gif
skennington
QUOTE (Sabbz @ Jan 25 2008, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif I missed this til I saw Andrew's reply. You got it worse than me, apparently. laugh.gif

Yeah man, seriously, I probably looked like a cat with it's paw in an electical outlet! It got me good! laugh.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Very straightforward thinking Kris, excellent! smile.gif www.gmc.com sounds great too wink.gif
Mark.
If it would be changed to www.gmc.net then
I need to type less,
which gives me more time to learn
which makes me a better guitarist
muahhaaha ph34r.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

at lights end
QUOTE (Sabbz @ Jan 25 2008, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i didn't know there were drum lessons.
kaznie_NL
That's realy cool!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.