Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Traducciones
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > More instructors > Juan M Valero
FretDancer69
Hey there Juan, i wanted to know if the names of the 7 modes are the same as in spanish, or do they have a translation? im trying to know all my theory in spanish as well as it is my main language (shame on me lol tongue.gif) but i find it hard since i dont attend lessons except for Andrew's, which are in english.

Also, ive heard this term before. Anacruza, what is it?

thank you
Juan M. Valero
In spanish the name of the modes are:

Modos:
1 Jonico (mayor)
2 Dorico
3 Frigio
4 Lidio
5 Mixolidio
6 Eólico (menor)
7 Locrio

And about Anacruza... well, I don't know what's the translation in English.
Imagine you have a simple melody that starts before one compass, for example in 4th time of compass number 42. When we need to mention this melody (for instance if we are in band or in a choral) we wouldn't say "let's go on 4th time of compass number 42" we just say "let's go ANACRUZA compass 43.
It means that is the melody that starts a bit before this compass.

Excuse my spelling tongue.gif I hope I have done lot of mistakes :|
Andrew Cockburn
Thanks Juan - I'll add this to my modes lesson smile.gif
OrganisedConfusion
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Jan 30 2008, 07:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Modos:
1 Jonico (mayor)
2 Dorico
3 Frigio
4 Lidio
5 Mixolidio
6 Eólico (menor)
7 Locrio

Imagine you have a simple melody that starts before one compass, for example in 4th time of compass number 42. When we need to mention this melody (for instance if we are in band or in a choral) we wouldn't say "let's go on 4th time of compass number 42" we just say "let's go ANACRUZA compass 43.

I believe you say Anacrusis in English which means the melody before the piece. Anacrusis are also a great Thrash Metal act.
FretDancer69
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Jan 30 2008, 01:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Modos:
1 Jonico (mayor)
2 Dorico
3 Frigio
4 Lidio
5 Mixolidio
6 Eólico (menor)
7 Locrio

thanks alot man! expect me around in the future tongue.gif biggrin.gif
Juan M. Valero
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 30 2008, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe you say Anacrusis in English which means the melody before the piece.

yeah, that's a perfect explanation !! I didn't knew how to describe it laugh.gif laugh.gif
FretDancer69
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 30 2008, 06:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe you say Anacrusis in English which means the melody before the piece. Anacrusis are also a great Thrash Metal act.

do you mean like for example the intro to Fade To Black or The Call of Ktulu? could you please give me an example so i can get a better idea biggrin.gif thank you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.