Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hybrid Picking.
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > More instructors > Muris Varajic > Techniques (Muris)
Patrik Jezierski
Hey Muris!
I'll start to say that I really like your videos smile.gif eccentric line huh? tongue.gif
But seriously you have a really clear tone on your videos and that Is a really great ability.
Now to my question, was practicing the advanced Bb minor phrasing, and I've done the video at 55 bpm with only alternate picking (I suck at the hybrid) but I can't manage to pull it of at 72. So do you have any great tips or ideas on how to practice hybrid picking?
Could be great If you could do some videolessons about it, one at beginner, intermediate and advanced. smile.gif
/Patrik
Muris Varajic
Thanks for your kind words Patrik!! smile.gif

You know,hybrid came to me quite naturally,I wanted to pop some notes,
just like bassist do and I started to use it more and more.
Will try to do a serial on hybrid picking,no problem. smile.gif
In a meanwhile try practicing some "skip" patterns,
play note on A string with the pick and then pop a note on G,
pure repeats of two notes,nothing else,it'll give you more accuracy in right hand.
You can try even wider string distance if you wish.

Cheers smile.gif
Patrik Jezierski
QUOTE (Muris @ Feb 1 2008, 01:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for your kind words Patrik!! smile.gif

You know,hybrid came to me quite naturally,I wanted to pop some notes,
just like bassist do and I started to use it more and more.
Will try to do a serial on hybrid picking,no problem. smile.gif
In a meanwhile try practicing some "skip" patterns,
play note on A string with the pick and then pop a note on G,
pure repeats of two notes,nothing else,it'll give you more accuracy in right hand.
You can try even wider string distance if you wish.

Cheers smile.gif

Ahh okey, i've been struggling with it for a while tongue.gif cant get the speed up in my middle finger.
That sounds nice smile.gif
Ahh I understand, just want to build up some strength and speed, but it seems like a perfect way to practice.
I'll get right onto it smile.gif
And thanks!
Muris Varajic
You're welcome. smile.gif
Also practice more finger picking,it includes fingers like middle and ring as well.
Good way to prepare yourself for hybrid.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.