Full Version: Best Teacher
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
holoshreder
like the GMC senior member

i think we should have a vote to find the teacher of the month

or something like that lol

but for me with out taking credit to any other teacher

the best teacher in my opinion is David Walliman

fantastic knowledge of extended chords , metall stuff , progressive metal stuff etc

you ROCK DAVID

[edit] exactly but kris is already a hero lol YEAH YOU ROCK TO KRIS!! Andrew Cockburn ALSO YOU ROCK!!!!!

[edit3] smile.gif ok guys your right the best teacher is gmc and i thnik you guys miss interpreted what i ment i was in no way saying that david is better than any other teacher but he is the one that fits the best in my style

i love you all biggrin.gif rock on

[edit 4 final] ok i realy want to make this very clear smile.gif i have in no way ment to ofend anyone in this site i respect all the hardwork that every one not just teachers put into running this comunnity and i want to apologise to anyone that might feel ofended by this thread thanks guys smile.gif

Nick325
well every teacher offers you something different to add to your style so its more of your choice. i think there all awsome.
Owen
Dunno if its fair to encourage favouritism at all on GMC.

But I'm sure David will appreciate the compliment tongue.gif
Jakub Luptovec
Well.. here at GMC, you can make your decision, which style you want to nail.. and to include it in your own style. So EVERY SINGLE instructor here is extremely important. Well I am not really into some instructors - i wont name them, so I wont offend them:) They dont deserve it, because I am pretty sure that there is a bunch of students, who love him/them.

But to pick my most favourite in style - hmm.. this is harder, than I thought:D

Ill think about it and send a reply, when I come to it:D

EDIT: Ah, got it. Well, as I said, every instructor deserves global honor. But "my" primary teachers are

Marcus Lavendell (gotta love his neoclassical series.. he is just what I want to be!!:P... Things, that you play.. are really close to my dreams:D hats off man;) )

Kristopher Dahl (without him.. i wouldnt be here:D Also.. we all started on his lessons, didnt we? And thanks to him.. I can improvise pretty much - I somehow lost my doubts about myself and just started to practice practice practice... thank you:) )

Gabriel Leopardi - his analysing of others style is.. amazing, thanks to him, I can see the mind proces in creating of music - altough he usually plays softer music, than I do love.. he helps me in improvisation and creating a HUUUGE

Pavel Denisjuk - he is huge inspiration, as gabriel:) and his shredding ability is a goal for me:D

Al Christie - opened my eyes to Flamenco... which I really adore now:)

Andrew Cockburn - THEORYYYY!! biggrin.gif anything more to say? I totally fallen in love with theory lessons - so now, I practice at home, and when at school, I am counting scales, writing scale formulas and memorizing fretboard:D All-day practice routine:)

DeepRoots
i cant pick...i could write a page on each instructor....each one is as helpfull as the next

i wuv you guys wub.gif
David Wallimann
QUOTE (holoshreder @ Feb 7 2008, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
like the GMC senior member

i think we should have a vote to find the teacher of the month

or something like that lol

but for me with out taking credit to any other teacher

the best teacher in my opinion is David Walliman

fantastic knowledge of extended chords , metall stuff , progressive metal stuff etc

you ROCK DAVID

[edit] exactly but kris is already a hero lol YEAH YOU ROCK TO KRIS!! Andrew Cockburn ALSO YOU ROCK!!!!!

I'm honored dude. Thanks :-)
Muris Varajic
I just hope Jakub's statement doesn't have anything to do with
a discussion we had in HOT topic not so long ago... sad.gif
David Wallimann
QUOTE (Muris @ Feb 7 2008, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just hope Jakub's statement doesn't have anything to do with
a discussion we had in HOT topic not so long ago... sad.gif

I missed that episode..
Any reruns?
FretDancer69
QUOTE (Wallimann @ Feb 7 2008, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I missed that episode..
Any reruns?

yeah, i dont understand what Muris is talking about.. what happened?
Tjchep
David laugh.gif haha.
ZakkWylde
Teacher of the Month is no fair competition because it would ALWAYS be Mr.GuitarTube tongue.gif tongue.gif
fkalich
QUOTE (Owen @ Feb 7 2008, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dunno if its fair to encourage favouritism at all on GMC.

But I'm sure David will appreciate the compliment tongue.gif

agree. no need for that. Kris can tell which lessons are most in demand by hits. And that does not mean they are "better". Also things change, what is most attractive to you now may be different than 6 months from now. And it may switch back about that. I have not seen much here that is not a good lesson, I think we can leave it at that. Just not necessary to rate them, and not very nice I don't think. As I said, everyone can know what are the lessons de jour, by looking at how many are doing it.
MickeM
I strongly disagree on the idea of appionting the "best" instructor since it means in the end that there's a bunch that could end up feeling inadequate and we don't want that. It's certainly not the case, every instructor here is professional.

It's not like we're anonymously judging the hockey team but we're in their locker room judging them right in front of them. Well, someone might say it's for fun but if there's a pattern forming where a few instructors get all the positive I'm sure the reminder of our instructors are mature enough to applaude aswell but mind that it will rank then in order of popularity.

This was IMO a very bad subject for a thread. I'd rather see it stopped for now.
Nemanja Filipovic
I think too that this site is a colectiv(some thing like a whole school)....and I woud never put some one out from the list..bicouse only if you take the whole thing(try to learn from every instructor on board) that you can be better and more complite musician.......
Chris Evans
QUOTE (fkalich @ Feb 7 2008, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
agree. no need for that. Kris can tell which lessons are most in demand by hits. And that does not mean they are "better". Also things change, what is most attractive to you now may be different than 6 months from now. And it may switch back about that. I have not seen much here that is not a good lesson, I think we can leave it at that. Just not necessary to rate them, and not very nice I don't think. As I said, everyone can know what are the lessons de jour, by looking at how many are doing it.

+1

All the instructors bring their own flavour to GMC, that what makes this place so great, all the instructors provide excellent lessons, and are all awesome in their own different ways.

Edit: +1 MickeM, I agree also a "bad subject" for a thread
coffeeman
The best teacher is GMC. Thats it.
fkalich
QUOTE (MickeM @ Feb 7 2008, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I strongly disagree on the idea of appionting the "best" instructor since it means in the end that there's a bunch that could end up feeling inadequate and we don't want that. It's certainly not the case, every instructor here is professional.

It's not like we're anonymously judging the hockey team but we're in their locker room judging them right in front of them. Well, someone might say it's for fun but if there's a pattern forming where a few instructors get all the positive I'm sure the reminder of our instructors are mature enough to applaude aswell but mind that it will rank then in order of popularity.

This was IMO a very bad subject for a thread. I'd rather see it stopped for now.

Often we think alike, also Owen. But I won't tell anybody.

A better idea for be for each teacher, to vote on their own personal "best" lesson by us the fans. But not comparing them to other teachers. Not hurtful, and would give them some feedback.
Tjchep
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Feb 8 2008, 01:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen.
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Feb 8 2008, 01:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

+1 for this and MickeM post as well.

It's ok to say I like this instructor or instructors
but saying things like
"I'm not into some instructors but I'm not gonna tell the names(to avoid offending)"...dunno,just sounds wrong.

However,if you don't like some of us or our methods,
PLEASE say a word about it,we will do our best to improve things,
just like we always do! smile.gif wink.gif
MickeM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Feb 8 2008, 01:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Often we think alike, also Owen. But I won't tell anybody.

I'm flattered to share such sharp intellects wink.gif You know fkalich, I've noticed the exact same thing lately.
Luciana Segovia
Thanks God for the Diversity
Kristofer Dahl
I don't feel that this topic is suitable for open discussion.

When we have got over 200 instructors we might give it a shot again - but currently it will just serve to offend the teachers that aren't mentioned.

Topics such as "best lesson" is something completely different - and may be openly discussed. It is not personal in the same way.

I feel that every instructor we have got covers unique areas which is why they have been chosen into the crew.

Therefore I do not agree with the the selection of instructors here, once again I feel that without every single instructor we have got the chain would break - they are all strong links in the GMC teaching staff. smile.gif
DeepRoots
Id rather not upset anyone tongue.gif
mattacuk
Well you know there is no "best instructor" like there is no best band, or best peice of music smile.gif Each Instructor is a highly professional induvidual with there own unique style and flavour! I have learnt something from all of the instructors here and that is what makes the learning process so strong and unique here smile.gif

The moment I realised that music is many things to many people I too had matured as a musician smile.gif Of course everyone will have there own personal favorites because each of use will be into a certain style of music biggrin.gif

I have no doubt Holoshreder meant no harm with this idea,maybe just didnt thing it through entirley wink.gif The simple fact each, each instructor is many things to many people! And im sure we all feel the same way.

So on that note im sure we can draw positive from this thread and move on to great things biggrin.gif
David Wallimann
QUOTE (Muris @ Feb 7 2008, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
+1 for this and MickeM post as well.

It's ok to say I like this instructor or instructors
but saying things like
"I'm not into some instructors but I'm not gonna tell the names(to avoid offending)"...dunno,just sounds wrong.

However,if you don't like some of us or our methods,
PLEASE say a word about it,we will do our best to improve things,
just like we always do! smile.gif wink.gif

I totally agree with you Muris.
Bondy
+1 For mickm lock this thread before it turns into GMC for free again
OrganisedConfusion
Every Instructor is as important as the next. Simple as. You can't have a best instructor as the phrase best in this case can't be used. What is for sure is that all the instructors are incredible musicians, very professional and also very helpful and friendly. What more can you ask for?
Bluefinger
I'd never make such a statement to people I don't know about people I don't know, also. What I know is that GMC has many great instructors and I like their different styles. That's it. I also have some preferences but that's more related to lessons rather than instructors. I think all this has been mentioned already.

We should stop this type of discussion.
Kristofer Dahl
Ok so I think this topic has been open long enough for people to have their say. Closed now - thanks for keeping the good spirit up! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.