Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Daylight Dies - Dismantling Devotion
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Wiki and Reviews > Album Reviews
Fsgdjv
Even though I can't agree on the 10/10 grade, it's a good album, and that was a great review smile.gif
Owen
Meh, I'd give it 6/10, good skill, but nothing new, no catch or hook for me to seriously get into it. sad.gif
The Uncreator
I've always notice the albums i love the most, Im always alone on laugh.gif
VinceG
I'm sensing a lot of modern day Opeth style here. Don't really know how to take it. If I find it somewhere, I'll give it a listen smile.gif
Vinicitur
Listening to them right now on myspace and I'm really impressed so far. I really like the way they incorporated Doom Metal elements in their playing.
Fsgdjv
QUOTE (VinceG @ Feb 11 2008, 03:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sensing a lot of modern day Opeth style here. Don't really know how to take it. If I find it somewhere, I'll give it a listen smile.gif

It's closer to Orchid than any other Opeth-album, imo.
The Uncreator
Yeah i thought that as well, I like the Progressive Elements that blend in with the melodic death and doom elements, i think its brilliant, im really hooked on this band smile.gif
Fsgdjv
Yeah, it's a great mix, and well.. I'm sure that their upcoming album will be their best, from what I've seen from the studio diary. I'm looking forward to it a lot. (sorry if that's a bit OT..)
VinceG
I just listened to this album at least 4 times on repeat today. I'm shocked on how gloomy, depressing this album is. I love this album!!! Thanks Uncreator biggrin.gif ph34r.gif
The Uncreator
Your welcome!! smile.gif

The albums is amazing indeed! smile.gif
steve25
Wow, i'm hearing the song Lies That Bind on youtube now following your link. And at first i thought ah nothing special but then i think it sounds great. When he starts going into the growling i thought 'wow what a powerful voice' and i rarely say that about anyone. Excepts being of course Opeth, Dream Theater etc
audiopaal
I've never heard these guys before, so thanks for the great review..
I'm not gonna agree or disagree with the score until I've heard the album at least a few times smile.gif

I'm on my first listen now so I'll let you know tomorrow what I think smile.gif
Danilo Capezzuto
Sound is very good to me, but I can't stand this kind of voice...thanks to God...or I have to buy so many cd!! laugh.gif
The Uncreator
Yeah, Growls take awhile to get used to. But once you do, you never look back smile.gif
Mark.
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Mar 31 2008, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, Growls take awhile to get used to. But once you do, you never look back smile.gif

Thanks to you I got in to growls, it's really something you've got to get used to laugh.gif
It started with amon amarth, then Opeth, then Amorphis and now this ohmy.gif
You've really changed my music taste tongue.gif ( And that's a good thing )
The Uncreator
Glad i could be of assistance good man! smile.gif
Nemanja Filipovic
Thanks for review...I don't like this kind of growl too...but not any kind...Anselmo..or Corey Taylor are ones I like...but what I like a bout this two singers is that they can sing as good with their normal voices,and then just switch to growl...
P.s...thanks again TheUncreator for discovering new bands...at list for me smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.