Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Play What They Look Like They Are Playing
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
kahall
I was reading in Blender magazine the other day, (no I do not subscribe) about this guy that takes the sound out of a guitarists video and plays what it LOOKS like they are playing. The vids are all over the net and while not hilarious he did manage to get on National TV while the writer strike was going on I was assume. You can see him here. Then if you want to see what I am talking about, check him out playing what it looks like Eddie Van Halen is playing.
I found one on Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and many more. At you tube type in your favorite artist, and shreds...ie Eddie Van Halen shreds, Iron Maiden Shreds. There are supposed to be many more but can only find these. The Santana one is pretty funny.

Trond Vold
I've seen some of those.. hillarious.. I love the Jake E. Lee video, with Ozzy clapping in the background..
There used to be alot more under the StSanders user, seems like it got removed sad.gif
kahall
I did laugh the most on the Jake E Lee one, which I watched after my post.
Nemanja Filipovic
biggrin.gif
Tuubsu
Oh my god! I saw this Eddie van halen vid once before AND I THOUGHT IT WAS REAL! laugh.gif I was like WHAT THE FUDGE EDDIE!?! laugh.gif
It's a good thing you made things clear for me... laugh.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Nice stuff, seen it before, also I like overdubbed psycho exercises from petrucci! laugh.gif
kyldeee
Yeah, FINLAND biggrin.gif biggrin.gif That was some funny stuff... The Van Halen part particularly biggrin.gif laugh.gif

FINLANDS GOT TALENT biggrin.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif
blindwillie
Seems like youtube is pulling his videos and banning the user, don't know why.
He had more posted before under a different user but they are gone.
There was a great one with EC, river of tears smile.gif Not available anymore sad.gif

/edit: this makes more sense now when I'v replaced yahoo with youtube I guess smile.gif
botoxfox
QUOTE (blindwillie @ Feb 19 2008, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seems like yahoo is pulling his videos and banning the user, don't know why.
He had more posted before under a different user but they are gone.
There was a great one with EC, river of tears smile.gif Not available anymore sad.gif

That's courtesy of Steve Vai I believe. He decided he didn't want any bootlegs or parody vids of him on the net, so it seems if you post just one bootleg or something, they just don't bother removing just the Steve Vai vid, they remove all of them and ban you.
blindwillie
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Feb 19 2008, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's courtesy of Steve Vai I believe. He decided he didn't want any bootlegs or parody vids of him on the net, so it seems if you post just one bootleg or something, they just don't bother removing just the Steve Vai vid, they remove all of them and ban you.

Aaah, OK. I've never liked Vai wink.gif
Muris Varajic
Guy is great,,really funny "covers". biggrin.gif
Bogdan Radovic
eheheh funny video wink.gif Very nice act smile.gif
stratman33
laugh.gif thats funny
Chris Evans
laugh.gif laugh.gif like the VH one cracked me up

found this one while I was poking around on there too, worth a look wink.gif

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=r5fjKEdIH4M
FretDancer69
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Feb 19 2008, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif I didnt know that Vai took this stuff seriously... dry.gif
Fran
Lol, that was hilarious laugh.gif laugh.gif
Jerry Arcidiacono
Never seen before...

laugh.gif
kahall
Found some more, even the Vai one and a few others that are banned from you tube. Enjoy!
Toni Suominen
Those videos are very cool and funny, it's really too bad that they removed his (StSanders) account from youtube, Im sure he didn't mean to do any harm to anyone sad.gif

It's so great that he is FINNISH also! wink.gif laugh.gif
at lights end
laugh.gif i've seen some of them.
why would vai take it so seriously?
it says on the page kahall linked

Steve Vai, one of the musicians Ojala suspects may have filed an infringement claim against his parody videos. This is surprising, since in an earlier story about Ojala's videos, the rocker said he enjoyed being featured in the parodies.

wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.