Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Video Camera Are You Using
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > More instructors > Muris Varajic > Recording (Muris)
Pages: 1, 2
Robin
Hi muris. What video camera are you using in your lessons?
Muris Varajic
Hi Robin. smile.gif

It's Canon PowerShot A540,does the job so far. wink.gif
Robin
Ok thanks.
Muris Varajic
You're welcome. smile.gif

Why did you ask btw?
Pavel
Googled the model you said...is this the thing?

Muris Varajic
Yep,that's the one. smile.gif
wrk
I googled with the same result ... wao, the video quality is great in your lessons !!
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (wrk @ Feb 21 2008, 09:49 PM) *
I googled with the same result ... wao, the video quality is great in your lessons !!

Thanks,I set quality at best and have some nice lighting,which is most important. smile.gif
Robin
QUOTE (Muris @ Feb 21 2008, 06:31 PM) *
You're welcome. smile.gif

Why did you ask btw?

Because my camera is super old and it sucks, and I noticed how clear and good your lessons are smile.gif
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (Robin @ Feb 21 2008, 09:51 PM) *
Because my camera is super old and it sucks, and I noticed how clear and good your lessons are smile.gif

I see,thanks Robin. smile.gif

Actually I wasn't much happy with video quality of my lessons before,
it looks fine on my PC but after it's been uploaded and converted,that's another story...
But few days ago I found nice settings that reacts pretty well to conversion.
Ivan Milenkovic
Come on Muris, you're buying some headspinning music gear, I beg you PLEASE buy decent digital video cam! smile.gif
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Feb 21 2008, 09:54 PM) *
Come on Muris, you're buying some headspinning music gear, I beg you PLEASE buy decent digital video cam! smile.gif

I believe my camera is pretty "decent",it's export settings that was bothering me the most. smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Just kidding a little off course! smile.gif

Speaking of format of video file there?
Muris Varajic
Sure wink.gif

It's Avi with xvid codec,I used Mov with Sorensen before but it's not that great I would say. biggrin.gif
Too many options(type of file,codec etc),you have to try them all,it's like lottery...
Pavel
Using AVI with XVid also here smile.gif And that camera gives you great results considering it's not even a camcorder smile.gif
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (Pavel @ Feb 21 2008, 11:35 PM) *
Using AVI with XVid also here smile.gif And that camera gives you great results considering it's not even a camcorder smile.gif

Yeah,it's made for photos mainly but does video work nicely as well.
I set everything on best,cross my fingers and hit REC. laugh.gif wink.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Hey if it works, don't touch it! smile.gif Your videos do look great Muris, and + you can make some cool photos!

You considered buying a digital (video) camera some time ago. You still considering?
OrganisedConfusion
I don't know how you get the quality you do Muris with that camera. It is quite amazing. I'm sure you're a Wizard biggrin.gif
Muris Varajic
Thanks Ivan. smile.gif

Well yeah,I'm still looking for,few things I need the most is rotating display and remote controller.
I hate tapes tho so it has to be HD. wink.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
You mean like on disk liek HDDVD or BlyRay? i don't know if that is wise my friend... unsure.gif
Muris Varajic
Ahhhhhhh,I've got it laugh.gif

You want me to buy a new cam laugh.gif to stop me from buying...you know what laugh.gif

Joking biggrin.gif
Stevie-Ray-Vaughn
QUOTE (Muris @ Feb 21 2008, 11:05 PM) *
Ahhhhhhh,I've got it laugh.gif

You want me to buy a new cam laugh.gif to stop me from buying...you know what laugh.gif

Joking biggrin.gif

To stop you from buying what? smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
I would never! unsure.gif laugh.gif
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Feb 22 2008, 12:15 AM) *
I would never! unsure.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Feb 22 2008, 12:13 AM) *
To stop you from buying what? smile.gif

Never mind that laugh.gif
DeepRoots
since i drowned my camera- i may look into this model smile.gif

great advertising Muris laugh.gif laugh.gif
Stevie-Ray-Vaughn
QUOTE (Muris @ Feb 21 2008, 11:17 PM) *
Never mind that laugh.gif

mad.gif mad.gif sad.gif sad.gif Muris now I want to know! laugh.gif laugh.gif
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Feb 22 2008, 12:21 AM) *
mad.gif mad.gif sad.gif sad.gif Muris now I want to know! laugh.gif laugh.gif

No,it's really nothing,my bad,sorry. smile.gif
Stevie-Ray-Vaughn
QUOTE (Muris @ Feb 21 2008, 11:22 PM) *
No,it's really nothing,my bad,sorry. smile.gif

Will I EVER find out? sad.gif
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Feb 22 2008, 12:24 AM) *
Will I EVER find out? sad.gif

Well I hope so,this is just not the right place and time for that,sorry once more. smile.gif
chast
QUOTE (Muris @ Feb 22 2008, 12:25 AM) *
Well I hope so,this is just not the right place and time for that,sorry once more. smile.gif

Haha, I just read a fantasybook with magic and stuff and there is a guy named Cadvan and he always says that to his student laugh.gif
So, Muris are you a magician ? blink.gif
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (chast @ Feb 22 2008, 12:29 AM) *
Haha, I just read a fantasybook with magic and stuff and there is a guy named Cadvan and he always says that to his student laugh.gif
So, Muris are you a magician ? blink.gif

laugh.gif Really,what's the name of the book? biggrin.gif
Stevie-Ray-Vaughn
QUOTE (Muris @ Feb 21 2008, 11:25 PM) *

Haha no probs smile.gif

And have you seen his playing Chast?! He must me a magician to be able to play that! A magician musician! smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
From Muris's digital camera to fairy tales...guys guys cccc unsure.gif laugh.gif
Muris Varajic
Hey,this is thread about camera and NOT about fake magicians and wizards. laugh.gif
chast
The book is called "Die Gabe" translated it means something like "The Talent" smile.gif
And yeah Stevie I argree with you, muris is a magician on the guitar wink.gif
Muris Varajic
Stop it!!!!!!!! smile.gif

So,I like Avi a lot,I do resolution at 23984 x2893...zzzz zzz zzzz laugh.gif
Stevie-Ray-Vaughn
QUOTE (Muris @ Feb 21 2008, 11:37 PM) *

The magician was more entertaining laugh.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
QUOTE (Muris @ Feb 22 2008, 12:37 AM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif
OrganisedConfusion
Wonder how much shipping on a wand is smile.gif Muris' Next Free Giveaway biggrin.gif
Pavel
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Feb 22 2008, 12:04 AM) *
You mean like on disk liek HDDVD or BlyRay? i don't know if that is wise my friend... unsure.gif

Missed this post...

Ivan, i think Muris wants a Hard Drive camcorder! It's pretty cool considering you get the same he has now - a memoryStick camera, but he'll have a camcorder with hard drive and all videos on it smile.gif

I still prefer streaming smile.gif
Muris Varajic
Yeah,with Hard Drive on it,without tapes and stuff. smile.gif

Pavel,btw,what's the deal with streaming you prefer,
not sure I've got that part right? unsure.gif
Pavel
Streaming recording is when you click "record" and the video is stored directly on your PC after you hit STOP, so you don't have to transfer it from camcorder later. This way you can immediately review the video you just recorded and see if it is good or not.

You need the Firewire port to make good quality streaming smile.gif
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (Pavel @ Feb 28 2008, 05:11 PM) *
Streaming recording is when you click "record" and the video is stored directly on your PC after you hit STOP, so you don't have to transfer it from camcorder later. This way you can immediately review the video you just recorded and see if it is good or not.

You need the Firewire port to make good quality streaming smile.gif

Ah,I see.
So camera needs to have video out Firewire,
doesn't matter if it's HD or tape type?
Pavel
Yeah exactly! You must have a "Firewire OUT" - they also call it "i.Link out".
Ivan Milenkovic
+1 for the Firewire, it is definitely the better way to record. If you record on tape/disk, then you have to transfer to computer later, but if you connect the camera with PC you can stream the video directly to PC and record it. You'll need a big HD tho, one average lesson takes usually around 4GB with extended angles and such in DV-AVI format.

One more thing, the Firewire cable that I use is about 1,5m long, so I have to keep my camera near the PC, but maybe longer cables can be purchased.
Muris Varajic
Yeah DV/AVI is huge blink.gif
Luckily I don't do extra angles atm. biggrin.gif

Thanks for info guys,appreciate it!! smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
No problem man, glad to help! smile.gif
Pavel
I have the 3m Firewire cable and i also saw 4,5 meters so that should not be a problem!
And i always delete the source video after i render it for GMC so it doesn't take that much space on hard drive.
For example my last lesson has 1,7GB after i recorded all angles. I guess it depends on the camera and the recording options.

Anyway Streaming is something to try for sure - makes stuff easier smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Of course Pavel my man, didn't really wanted to put down the technology, just wanted to say that you do need a reasonable large HD like 200-250GB to feel comfortable. SOmetimes not all teh lessons are published and I don't like to erase the files right away, have about 4-5 lessons in DVAVI always onboard jsut in case.

Great news for the cable length, must buy something longer smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.