Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: **citizens Failure**
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > GMC Virtual Bands
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Chris Evans
Use this thread to upload your takes
skennington
Hey Bondy,

Something to kick around for maybe a future original. smile.gif

Bondy
Cool Skenny maybe we could do something with that later
P.S i think we should just leave it as just you and me for the band not had any reply's whatsoever(VERY DISAPPOINTING) sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
Chris Evans
QUOTE (Bondy @ Mar 1 2008, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
P.S i think we should just leave it as just you and me for the band not had any reply's whatsoever(VERY DISAPPOINTING) sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

never mind guys I can always help you out with Drums etc no probs smile.gif

Here drum n Bass for Highway to Hell, hope its ok

Click to view attachment

skennington
QUOTE (Bondy @ Mar 1 2008, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No probs man, works for me. Maybe somebody soon.

QUOTE (Smells @ Mar 1 2008, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
never mind guys I can always help you out with Drums etc no probs smile.gif

Here drum n Bass for Highway to Hell, hope its ok

Click to view attachment

Thanks Chris. ( I know we can always count on you wink.gif )
Bondy
Thanks Chris biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Chris Evans
your welcome guys, anytime, just ask smile.gif
Bondy
Skenny this is my first take of vocal and rhythm bit of a sore throat and this maybe pushes my vocal range to far but sounds ok I think?

skennington
Cool man. I'll have a listen shortly, At work and the phone stops me everytime I start to play it. mad.gif
Chris Evans
QUOTE (Bondy @ Mar 3 2008, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Skenny this is my first take of vocal and rhythm bit of a sore throat and this maybe pushes my vocal range to far but sounds ok I think?

biggrin.gif thumbs up mate biggrin.gif
skennington
Sounds good man! smile.gif

I'm trying to lay down a rhythm take but my kids are just not cooperating atm. I'll try to get something recorded soon.
skennington
Hey Craig, Sorry for the delay man. Just having a hard time finding a good tone. The toneport has some good models for ac/dc but just not sounding good with my guitar. I took it to the shop for a Pro set-up and hope to have it back tomorow. I'm going to try and get something down tonight with my RX10 as it seems to sound a little better blink.gif Been playing my DK2M straight out of the box and I think it really needed a set-up. smile.gif

Steve
skennington
Ok man, wanted to give you something to hear to see if i'm even close to the "Young" sound.
I've worked it out up to about the 2 min point and need to fix some mistakes but mainly wanted you to hear my tone at this point. Full rhythm upload soon!

Steve
Chris Evans
Hi Steve smile.gif

Sorry for jumping in on your thread, just realised sumink ... you tune down right?? this backing I gave you is in standard tuning and I think Bondy is playing in standard too, thats why the bass sounds way out with your guitar.

good tone for the guitar smile.gif
Bondy
yep iam playing standard tunning will download and have a listen
skennington
QUOTE (Smells @ Mar 8 2008, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Steve smile.gif

Sorry for jumping in on your thread, just realised sumink ... you tune down right?? this backing I gave you is in standard tuning and I think Bondy is playing in standard too, thats why the bass sounds way out with your guitar.

good tone for the guitar smile.gif

No probs man, your apart of this thread as much as I am. tongue.gif

I'm actually in standard tune. What do ya suggest. I'm using the H2H plug in gearbox.
Bondy
Here are my toneport settings
Amp 1990 Brit j-800 Drive 5 Bass 5 Middle 10 Treble 5 Presence 4 Vol 5
Cab 2x12 1967 class A-30
Reverb Standard spring Dwell 25% Tone 50% Mix 10%
Hope this works for you Skenny cool.gif cool.gif

skennington
Thanks Bondy. I'll record a take with your settings in a lttle while so you guys can hear. I imagine its getting kinda late over in the UK. Do you spring forward with daylight savings time tonight as well? I think you are 6 hrs ahead of my time.
skennington
Hey man here's a take with your settings. Did'nt know what the base was set on so I left it at 5.
Still sounds muddy to me. I've worked through about 2 min of the song, still with issues but I'll get it.
Never thought it would give me this much trouble blink.gif And it's an ez one. You've prolly got the solo down already smile.gif

But thanks man, I've said it befor, this is forcing me to learn.

Bondy
Cool will download and have a listen have not quite got the solo yet but its gettin there
skennington
Hey guys, been playing around in reaper. Recorded this little piece to see if you guys think the sound quality is any better.

Clean track: EQ,lowpass filter and a little chorus.
lead track: just a little reverb tweaking
theres a third track in here as well. few chords recorded real low with no fx.

Also on the master:4b eq adjustment.

mind the playing tongue.gif just the sound laugh.gif

Chris, jump in here and give me your comments as well.
Chris Evans
quality doesnt sound too bad mate,

What is the input volume reading on the meter when your recording your guitars though?
skennington
In gearbox the record send meters are fluctuating between -24 and -25 (green)

In reaper:

Master: -6-
Clean: -18-
lead : is just below -6-
track 3: -42-

all are just below the red line. I'm assuming that is the point where clipping occurs?
Chris Evans
QUOTE (skennington @ Mar 29 2008, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
all are just below the red line. I'm assuming that is the point where clipping occurs?

thought that may be the case, you wanna reduce that some mate, I keep mine somewhere in the yellow on Reaper avoids that slight crackle sound you have on the clean guitar, give it a go smile.gif
skennington
changed settings to where all meters are in yellow and then rendered again. See if this sounds any better. I've really got to get me some monitors. It's hard to tell with these cpu speakers and if I run through my amp then it's settings come into play.
Chris Evans
sounds ok to me mate,

either that or a decent set of headphones will help a lot, really hear properly what your recording/playback
skennington
Thanks man. I think I'm going to get me a pair of Alesis M1 actives.
Matt23
Heres the solo guys. If you want anything changed or the rhythm guitar or anything just ask. smile.gif
Bondy
Damm matt that was fast will put it with the rest of the track and see how it sounds will get back to ya if i need any changes
Bondy
Ahh I'am such a noob gonna need the solo without backing to add it to the rest of the recording
please Matt
Matt23
No problem heres the solo with out backing. smile.gif

Has everything been recorded for Highway to Hell now?
skennington
Not yet man. Is that the complete solo? It seemed to be a little longer the last time I heard it. but then again, that's been a while blink.gif
Matt23
It's whats on the gp tab. If you tell me what i'm playing wrong i'll record it again.
skennington
At work at the moment man sorry. I'll have a listen when I get home this afternoon. You may be spot on. smile.gif
Bondy
It fits in alright on the track only problem is it coming over dead quite and when i turn it up all the way it starts clipping gonna have to play around with reaper will get back to ya.Plus skenny whlie I'am thinking about it the backing track smells did for us is different from the original its not quite as long so where gonna have to improve here i think
Chris Evans
Eek sorry guys, want to see if I can get a longer backing for you? sorry didnt realise it was shorter sad.gif
skennington
What do you think guys? Iprovise with this backing or get Smells to get the complete track?
either way is fine with me.
Bondy
Just improvise with it we will just shorten the last solo get this in the can and start a new one thats my pennys worth
skennington
I'm good with that plan
Matt23
I don't know the song highway to hell to well. What bit should I record?
Bondy
Do whatever bits you feel comfortable with we will jointly choose the next song
skennington
Yea Matt, work on what parts feel good to you. I'm working on it right now and have been for a while. Still not clicking for me yet! blink.gif
skennington
What's up guys? Heres another attempt with a small part of the solo. Changed and ended it a little so we could improvise the shorter track. Still some mistakes blink.gif

Steve

Bondy
sounding a lot better Skenny keep up the practice on that solo and you all but have it nailed
skennington
I'm digging at it man! Soon, I hope to have it nailed. Kids are learning too! laugh.gif
Matt23
Heres the riffs of Highway to hell up to the solo. There's a couple mistakes, and im not happy with the chorus (i think its a bit messy), but I thought I'd post to see what you think I should improve. smile.gif
skennington
Hi Matt, Ddi,nt realize you had posted this take. I'll have a listen when I get home from work this evening and get back to you. smile.gif
Nick325
are we gonna continue with highway to hell?
Bondy
Not sure whats happening at the moment think we should all get together and pick a new song as a band and take it from there what do you think Skenny
skennington
I'm fine with that guys. Let's pick something fairly easy to get started like we did with H2H. Is Matt still in?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.