Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Furman Power Conditioner
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > More instructors > Muris Varajic > Gear (Muris)
Charvel
Hi Muris,

I've just seen that you use Furman Power Conditioners... A lot of other Pros use it too and I just wanted to know what's it really good for? I mean you could easily buy a multi-electric socket thing so that you can plug in most of your things, like Computer, Amp, Pedals etc. What's the difference with the Furman? Does the Furman also provide 9V sockets for effects, so that you can dial them straight, or will you still need an adapter for the Stompboxes?
Muris Varajic
It provides good and stable power supply to your rack units,
it also eliminates 60HZ hum etc.
As far as I know there are only 2 versions on these conditioners,
US and Europe versions,no 9 Volts.
Another thing,sockets on this converters are female 3 prongs sockets
so you'll need cable/s with male 3 prong jack/s to attach your gear to it.

Did I miss something? smile.gif
Saoirse O'Shea
Great summary Muris smile.gif and just to add two other things: one, the Furman - unlike a standard multiway - is a 19 inch rack unit so it can go in your rack smile.gif . Two, just to expand a little on what Muris has said - the Furman uses the male/female IEEE connectors that are pretty much industry standard for pro end rack gear. As such it's easier to hook up everything and the IEEE's take up less 'real estate' then a normal plug so you need less room.

Cheers,
Tony
Muris Varajic

Thanks Tony,great adds plus I didn't know the real name for those connectors
but now I do,IEEE. smile.gif
Saoirse O'Shea
QUOTE (Muris @ Mar 7 2008, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Tony,great adds plus I didn't know the real name for those connectors
but now I do,IEEE. smile.gif

Opps sorry Muris (and Charvel) getting my connectors mixed up - the mains male/female type ones here are IEC. - IEEE usually refers to the firewire ones ie IEEE 1394 (and stands for something like Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers).
Sorry about that.

Cheers,
Tony
Muris Varajic
Thanks Tony,IEC then smile.gif
micpon
Hi Muris,
1.I´m interested in your Furman Power Conditioner. Have you the american type(110V) and what model? After the conditioner you have a voltage converter and then the supply? Is that right?
2. Your racks seems to be made of aluminium and must be light. Where did you get it?

regards micpon
Muris Varajic
Hi Micpon.

It'd euro version,220v tho it has wide range to cover low and high voltage,
if it's not steady enough.
As for its part,I cannot tell you a lot,haven't opened it. blink.gif

And racks are aluminium,bought them on eBay. smile.gif
micpon
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ May 7 2008, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Micpon.

It'd euro version,220v tho it has wide range to cover low and high voltage,
if it's not steady enough.
As for its part,I cannot tell you a lot,haven't opened it. blink.gif

And racks are aluminium,bought them on eBay. smile.gif

Hi again Muris.
Apologize if I ask too much. I have this Mesa problem(110v) so I consider to change power transforer. The original Mesa-euro trafs are expensive and I guess its easy to get a similar one quit cheap. Unfortunaly its hard to get theparameters of their transformers. Did you buy a original or do you know the data of these transformers? Is a converter is an alternative? I have a 2:ninety.

regards,

Micpon
Muris Varajic
I bought only transformer,even without chassis,100watts,for Triaxis.
Later on my friend made a box for it,so it runs as external adapter actually.
Since you need it for 2:90 I would suggest 200watts power,just in case.
I'm not sure where you can buy original Mesa 220 transformer tho. unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.