Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sweeping
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > More instructors > David Wallimann > Technique (David)
Frank
Hi Dave! I need some help here with the finger movement .When I play this part of the sting sweeping Lesson I’m not shore if there is any rule fore the fingers? I can do it easier if I use my middle finger, or I should learn the way you doing it? ................................................................................
.................................................................................
...............………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
………………… --------------10-14-14-10------------------------|
-----------12-------------12---------------------|
--------11-------------------11------------------|
-----12-------------------------12---------------|
--14-------------------------------14-14---------|
-------------------------------------------------|
David Wallimann
QUOTE (Frank @ Mar 21 2008, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Dave! I need some help here with the finger movement .When I play this part of the sting sweeping Lesson I’m not shore if there is any rule fore the fingers? I can do it easier if I use my middle finger, or I should learn the way you doing it? ................................................................................
................................................................................
...............……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

………………… --------------10-14-14-10------------------------|
-----------12-------------12---------------------|
--------11-------------------11------------------|
-----12-------------------------12---------------|
--14-------------------------------14-14---------|
-------------------------------------------------|

Where are you using the middle finger?
On the second note?
If so, there's no problem that I see there. :-)
As long as it's comfortable for you...
Ctodd
I was going to ask a question about this but then i saw this thread and decided to add on

when sweeping minor arpeggioes like this is it common to not use your ring finger?

i found myself doing this when practicing, and the thought of it didnt seem natural although I am not having any problems with it.

and out of curiosity what fingers do you use for this?
Frank
QUOTE (Wallimann @ Mar 25 2008, 07:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where are you using the middle finger?
On the second note?
If so, there's no problem that I see there. :-)
As long as it's comfortable for you...

I'm using my litle finger on 14 and i use my midle finger on 12. On the video looks like you use your litle finger on 14 and the ring finger on 12 this what i was asking if i should learn the way you doing it. Thank you fore the help David.
David Wallimann
QUOTE (Frank @ Mar 31 2008, 12:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm using my litle finger on 14 and i use my midle finger on 12. On the video looks like you use your litle finger on 14 and the ring finger on 12 this what i was asking if i should learn the way you doing it. Thank you fore the help David.

Sorry for the late answer!
I would use the ring finger, but I don't see anything wrong using the middle finger. :-)
Whatever feels right to you! :-)
That's the advantage of our instrument. The technique of modern guitar is fairly new and there are not as much set rules as for fingering as for violin for example. :-)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.