Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Slight Pain
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Enucleation
I noticed it about 10-20 minutes ago. I'm sitting here playing guitar as im on the computer and every time i take my hand off the guitar i feel a slight ache near my right (im right handed so my picking hand) shoulder.

I think it is probably nothing but wanna be sure if anyone has had it before and wanna scream "STOP" before i continue XD
Daniel Robinson
QUOTE (Enucleation @ Mar 25 2008, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I noticed it about 10-20 minutes ago. I'm sitting here playing guitar as im on the computer and every time i take my hand off the guitar i feel a slight ache near my right (im right handed so my picking hand) shoulder.

I think it is probably nothing but wanna be sure if anyone has had it before and wanna scream "STOP" before i continue XD

Its probably just simple fatigue but be sure to rest if your feeling more then very mild discomfort.

Guitarists tend to have the worst posture when playing, all slouched over and what not. A good rule is to do stretching warmups before playing if your having undue strain. Warming up your hands for playing is great, but alot of people neglect the other parts that are involved in playing. Like your shoulders.

Learning to keep all your muscles limber for playing is a big key to playing well.

Daniel
Ivan Milenkovic
I agree with Daniel, warming up of the entire hands and shoulders, specially before big sessions is wise thing to do, because all those muscles are involved in the process of playing.
Bogdan Radovic
It should not be anything serious but I recommend resting guitar playing for a day,...And for future take Daniels advice smile.gif
Pablo Vazquez
QUOTE (D.Robinson @ Mar 26 2008, 01:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its probably just simple fatigue but be sure to rest if your feeling more then very mild discomfort.

Guitarists tend to have the worst posture when playing, all slouched over and what not. A good rule is to do stretching warmups before playing if your having undue strain. Warming up your hands for playing is great, but alot of people neglect the other parts that are involved in playing. Like your shoulders.

Learning to keep all your muscles limber for playing is a big key to playing well.

Daniel

+1 wink.gif
Trond Vold
QUOTE (D.Robinson @ Mar 26 2008, 05:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Daniel

I'll go by this aswell.

I'm one of those slouchers, i have to admit that. I (used to) have a terrible playing posture, which has over the years given me some pain here and there, especially shoulders and back.

Take a break if it hurts, no point in making it worse even if it is just simple fatigue.
Danilo Capezzuto
QUOTE (D.Robinson @ Mar 26 2008, 05:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Daniel

+1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.