Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arctic Monkeys
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Bands and Guitarists
ibanezkiller
Hey guys! Anyone know of the band the Arctic Monkeys!? I think they have some rather good songs...
rokchik
QUOTE (ibanezkiller @ Mar 26 2008, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys! Anyone know of the band the Arctic Monkeys!? I think they have some rather good songs...

Yeah I really enjoy these guys. "Whatever People Say I am, That's What I am" is a great album. I don't like the new one as much, but it is still pretty good. "From the Ritz to the Rubble" is probably my fave song but I have a few from them smile.gif

rok
Pablo Vazquez
Yes! They are goods!! They have great songs!
I like them!
Nick Kellie
have played their song "I bet you look good on the dancefloor" at a few covers gigs and it always goes down well - a lot of fun to play too
ibanezkiller
Yeah I was introduced to them by a friend, and being from America, his voice was new and great to my ears.
Spreedmaster
They're played on the radio here all the time. Personally I think they're awful... happy.gif
Canis
I don't like them that much. Not my kind of music :S
Danilo Capezzuto
In my opinion they are good, loves the drumming.
OrganisedConfusion
They are way too overplayed in the UK. Not my sort of thing that is for sure.
DeepRoots
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Apr 10 2008, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They are way too overplayed in the UK. Not my sort of thing that is for sure.

indeed, music like this is played 24/7 here in the UK...
Nemanja Filipovic
I think they are original...I don't like all the songs...but they have there own style of (brit pop rock)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W_hEdt1Xes
Fsgdjv
Overplayed? Sure.

But bad? No way, I really enjoy the stuff I've heard from them. Not a huge fan though, but I like what I've heard.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.