Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good Songs For 3 Guitars?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Jakub Luptovec
As topic name said:) Brainstorm on good songs for 3 electric guitars, drums, bass and keybord can be used to:) I need it for band, though I dont know any band, that has 3 guitaristis:D Maybe Iron Maiden? Though I am not into them.. but if you advice, I will check it out smile.gif

Thanks in advance,

Jakub
RIP Dime
uhh, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Allman bros? I know alot of emo/pop punk or whatever bands have 3 guitars, but they all play the same riff.
JVM
Thin Lizzy wink.gif
Siggum
Paco De Lucia, Al de Meola and John Mclaughinn.. GOOD LUCK biggrin.gif
Jakub Luptovec
EH just to add.. something of rock/metal gengre smile.gif we need it for pub gigs etc.. smile.gif
DeepRoots
well iron maiden have 3 guitarists (since they're album brave new world??) so any of their recent songs will work.

But you'll need a mental bassist and an awesome vocalist wink.gif
Pablo Vazquez
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Mar 28 2008, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well iron maiden have 3 guitarists (since they're album brave new world??) so any of their recent songs will work.

But you'll need a mental bassist and an awesome vocalist wink.gif

+1 wink.gif
erik
Turbonegro!

Norwegian band with three guitarists. They call themselves punk rock, but it's not really punk.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH9WY3YtV4g
ZakkWylde
Turbonegro has only 2 guitarists but they are funny and easy to play...
erik
ah, you're right. I think they used to have three though..
OrganisedConfusion
Pearl Jam have 3 guitarists on a lot of songs. For example Rearviewmirror, I Am Mine, Green Disease, Spin The Black Circle.
shellshock1911
Freebird- Most popular bar/pub song ever and has 3 guitars in it.
audiopaal
Iron Maiden smile.gif
CheeseBeard
Patience by Guns N' Roses is played with three guitars smile.gif.
Jakub Luptovec
OH freebird.. great idea.. that Guns'n'N roses is cool too 'cause we wanted somethin from them anyway.. smile.gif

I will check pearl jam righ now smile.gif

Thanks for ideas smile.gif Keep them comming smile.gif
Marcus Siepen
Any band that uses harmony leads would be fine, Thin Lizzy, Maiden, even Blind Guardian would work tongue.gif Like this one guitar could play rhythm, while the other 2 could split the leads.
JVM
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Mar 31 2008, 06:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any band that uses harmony leads would be fine, Thin Lizzy, Maiden, even Blind Guardian would work tongue.gif Like this one guitar could play rhythm, while the other 2 could split the leads.

Yeah, I was thinking perhaps something like Black Rose when I mentioned Lizzy biggrin.gif That'd probably be a bar hit...
Marcus Siepen
Black Rose, Boys are back in town, waiting for an aliby, just pick any song from that incredible band, you can't go wrong smile.gif
Jakub Luptovec
Iľl check them out and tell you:) I'll also check out Blind guardian - never heard them... I did hear OF them, ABOUT them, but not them smile.gif
Melodic Axeman
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Mar 31 2008, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

good advice! you can try to cover and then there was silence, but I don't think that 3 guitars are enough laugh.gif

Marcus Siepen
lol hmmm, as far as I remember we recorded more than 3 guitar tracks for that song... tongue.gif But when we play it live there are only 2 guitars, so it works
Alex87
Mostly of the Eagles songs are great for 3 guitars. Usually they have one acoustic or 12-string as rhytm and 2 lead doing very nice riffs, and fills. You should check out Hell Freezes Over DVD or Farewell One Tour DVD.

And +1 to Maiden, my alltime favorite band smile.gif

Cheers, Alex
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.