Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alter Bridge
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Bands and Guitarists
Gabriel Leopardi
Hey all! I think that the most of you knows this band (formed by the ex-Creed members) but I think that anybody that likes rock and metal should know it. I really enjoy listening to their two albums. Their vocalist is incredible, the guitar player is awesome and the bass and drums players are killer.

Here you have some links:

Rise today
Find the real live

What do you think about them?
steve25
I think they're ok, i like them but it didn't blow me away or anything like that. I don't listen to them regularly just now and then
rokchik
Well I never really listened to this band before, pretty much wrote them off as was not a fan of Creed. But man was I wrong. Downloaded "Blackbird" and "One Day Remains" albums this morning from iTunes and I can honestly say I really like these guys. Especially the "One Day Remains" album, great stuff.

Thanks Gabriel for introducing me to another great band smile.gif

rok
Pitch_Black
I got there new album last christmas and I have to say I was disapointed. The singer is way to weird for me. But some of the guitar licks and beats are awesome. I think I like creed more just because of Scott Stapp though. wink.gif
Pablo Vazquez
Yes!! It is a great band.... but I don't know why, after listen some songs continued I get bored huh.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
We have more negative comments than possitive... sad.gif However I have been listening One Day Remains today and I really enjoyed it. Even today discovered their singer's band called The Mayfield Four and I really liked it...
Check the last chorus of the ballad song Summergirl... I can't believe the notes that he reaches there.
You'll also find a new version of the song Watch over you with Cristina Scabbia (Lacuna coil) as a guest.

Myspace
crabman

Hey Gabriel, I live about 20 min from where Myles Kennedy got started. Ive seen many Mayfield Four shows. I like his voice also, and to here it live is very impresive too. Check out the movie "Rock Star" with Mark Wahlberg, Myles Is the singer who takes the stage at the end.
Rolls
I think "Ties that bind" is their best tune. Cool lyrics too....
Unleash-The-Shred
They are one of my favorite bands, saw them live a couple years ago. I love everything about them and Myles Kennedy is an awesome guitarist as well as vocalist. Mark Tremonti is an amazing guitarist also. I listen to them very often and they are a big inspiration on me. Myles Kennedy is part deaf too which is a big influence on me since I have hearing/ear problems also (just had another surgery on my ears last Tuesday). Overall I love Alter Bridge!
Danilo Capezzuto
Nice melodies and heavy riffs. I think they are a good band. Some songs a really good to play, thumbs up for tha Alter Bridge...and Creed too...
OrganisedConfusion
Not really my sort of thing but 10 times better than Creed. Christ they were bad. I loved Dexter Holland's Creed shirt that he made himself. It said on it "Even Jesus Hates Creed" biggrin.gif For those that don't know Dexter Holland is from The Offspring. Who are a great band smile.gif
audiopaal
What the.. How have I never heard this before???

Awesome songs, thanks Gabriel smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Apr 10 2008, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What the.. How have I never heard this before???

Awesome songs, thanks Gabriel smile.gif

Go and get their albums! You'll not be dissapointed! wink.gif
Mr T
Coincidently I only started listening to Alter Bridge this week, but I'm really starting to like their songs. Very nice band indeed, with some great guitar tunes.
audiopaal
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 10 2008, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Go and get their albums! You'll not be dissapointed! wink.gif

Sounds good, I've ordered them smile.gif
Robwylde
A very well rounded band. Now how about a Mark Tremonti style lesson? Gabriel you would nail his style cool.gif
Unleash-The-Shred
QUOTE (Robwylde @ Apr 10 2008, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A very well rounded band. Now how about a Mark Tremonti style lesson? Gabriel you would nail his style cool.gif

Good thinking! I want to get his signature PRS.
crabman
QUOTE (Robwylde @ Apr 10 2008, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

+1
Gabriel Leopardi
I promise it. wink.gif

EDIT: I'm talking about the mark tremonti style lesson. smile.gif
somecrazyguy09
did yall know mark tremonti took lessons from Michael Angelo Batio after creed broke up
Unleash-The-Shred
QUOTE (somecrazyguy09 @ Apr 10 2008, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
did yall know mark tremonti took lessons from Michael Angelo Batio after creed broke up

He took lessons with Troy Stetina before Creed. He is also good friends with MAB, Rusty Cooley and some other guitar monsters.
GMC_student444
This was really good, I have to say. I absolutely loved Creed and Scott Stapp has a great voice. But this guy is doing a very fine job indeed. Love their sound. I'll be sure to pick their albums up. Thanks for the tip!
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (somecrazyguy09 @ Apr 11 2008, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I read about that.. but Mark Tremonti said that they jammed and played toghether not that he took lessons.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.