Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lori Linstruth
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Bands and Guitarists
Tuubsu
Just found this, never heard of her before, I really liked this actually especially the whammy bar use and some fresh sounding melodies(to me), I think it's pretty cool!

little demonstration:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7QtIE9-Pc80&feature=related

"Out in the real world" live
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fFQapM8n9Pw&feature=related

I myself didn't really care for that song that much, but I digged the playing of this gal.

Please... Share your thoughts. wink.gif
Trond Vold
She's just great smile.gif
Love her playing on the Stream of Passion album
audiopaal
I posted a few vids of her in a thread about female guitarists, and I think she is great smile.gif
I love her playing on the Stream of Passion and the latest Ayreon album..
And she's pretty too wub.gif laugh.gif
mattacuk
I think shes a really great player, ive seen her stuff quite a few times now. smile.gif The only thing I dont like is her over use of the whammy bar unsure.gif , I kinda cringe every time she reaches for it laugh.gif

Still, hes very cool cool.gif
OrganisedConfusion
I also like Stream Of Passion. Great band and she is a great guitarist. Didn't she leave though as well as whats he called from Ayreon?
audiopaal
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Apr 8 2008, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also like Stream Of Passion. Great band and she is a great guitarist. Didn't she leave though as well as whats he called from Ayreon?

Arjen Lucassen smile.gif
OrganisedConfusion
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Apr 8 2008, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Arjen Lucassen smile.gif

Thank you. My brain gives up on me sometimes biggrin.gif
The Uncreator
Her work on the Stream Of Passion is great, underrated guitar for sure, got some awesome riffs and licks smile.gif
audiopaal
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Apr 8 2008, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you. My brain gives up on me sometimes biggrin.gif

You're not the only one, my brain also shuts down every now and then.. biggrin.gif
Danilo Capezzuto
ohmy.gif ...Wow, great skills!! I think there are some nice girls player around.
Daniel Robinson
I have been a big fan of Lori for quite sometime. I started doing research on her about a year ago. You know one of thos late night Youtube lost in the sea of videos kinda nights.

After that i checked out her myspace page finding out what she was up to. After that i found a site that she frequented often and had a chance to speak with her online she is real sweetheart.

Definately a gifted guitar player to be sure.

Daniel
Pablo Vazquez
Cool!! I like it!! Thanks for the links!
...and in coincidence with audiopaal, yes, She is pretty!!
JVM
Not really my cup of tea but it's cool to see such a technically skilled girl, rarity for sure smile.gif
audiopaal
Some time ago I emailed her to ask if she could send me her demo cd, and we sent a few emails back and forth..
Really nice person and she even paid for the shipping to Norway, and I had it in like two days, so she's just as fast with the mail as she is playing the guitar biggrin.gif
rokchik
Not really my style of music but, but woah, the girl has skills. Lightning quick on the fret board and just very fluid. I have to agree with Matt though on the whammy bar issue however she's amazing so willing to over look biggrin.gif Thanks for sharing.... definitely gives me another reason to practice smile.gif

rok
mattacuk
QUOTE (rokchik @ Apr 9 2008, 01:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not really my style of music but, but woah, the girl has skills. Lightning quick on the fret board and just very fluid. I have to agree with Matt though on the whammy bar issue however she's amazing so willing to over look biggrin.gif Thanks for sharing.... definitely gives me another reason to practice smile.gif

rok

She does have some great skills, and shes a great example for female guitarist! smile.gif

It would be cool to see her develop some finger vibrato though!! Come on Lori you can do it tongue.gif
rokchik
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Apr 9 2008, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She does have some great skills, and shes a great example for female guitarist! smile.gif

It would be cool to see her develop some finger vibrato though!! Come on Lori you can do it tongue.gif

Matt you are always so encouraging smile.gif biggrin.gif
Nemanja Filipovic
great play....thanks for sharing...
Ghost Story
Lori is great.

Listening to her demo made me start playing a few years ago. rolleyes.gif

FrankW
I get goose bumps when I see women playing like that. They're like the mythological Sirens, where I can't help but be enchanted. I always loved Heart for the same reason. Rock on ladies!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.