Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Dare You!
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Martin la guitarra
Hey there m8s! Well, this day is for me, the one of those bad days. Those day when you havent slept that very well, those days when you have a lack of inspiration, that kind of days. Anyway, to make my day more fun, i was thinking of doing this technique competition. The rules are simple - BECAUSE THERE ARE NO RULES! The only existing rule i guess is to be onest - and to practice!

I was thinking that this week competition is to shred that demonic sixteenth-note runs a la Yngwie Malmsteen also known as junk number two:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.tv/guitar_lesso...ed_riffing.html

Lets say we have a week to make that happen, to shred like Yngwie! So, Sunday is closing day, D day.

Plz share me your progress in this thread (is this a bad idea?)

Remember to be onest, no audio equipment is required, although it would be fun to hear

CHEERS!
RIP Dime
Pfft, yea, I pretty much nailed it in 1 min, so yeah, I am your god, check me out, little boys.
tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Darfuria
Cow is going to get me sad.gif
Martin la guitarra
1min, are you serious? hmmm ok.....Well im a beginner, dunno if you are, i surely dont hope so - then i really need to start practice seriousl, anyways, good job!
Pablo Vazquez
laugh.gif Cool competition!!
RIP Dime
QUOTE (Martin la guitarra @ Apr 15 2008, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1min, are you serious? hmmm ok.....Well im a beginner, dunno if you are, i surely dont hope so - then i really need to start practice seriousl, anyways, good job!

I was half joking, I've been playing for 2 years, and I use those kind of licks in between heavy riffs in my own playing all the time, but I picked it up from bands like Lamb of God, so yea, I was kinda cheating because I've already spent time practicing riffs like that, just put in the metronome time and you'll get there.

Actually the odd timing in the first chunk was harder for me to nail, I guess it's because I was in a band for a while that did everything stricly in 4/4, very evenly, so that kind of timing thing is new to me, and very cool.
Martin la guitarra
what do you mean Darfuria?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.