Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Came Up With This Idea
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Unleash-The-Shred
I came up with an idea today while listening to Kris' and Marcus' new song and I thought I'd post it.

I thought it would be cool if anyone on GMC who has their own songs and wanted to TAB them out or have them tabbed out can share them with everyone else to learn if they wanted.

I think some of Muris' music would be awesome to have TABs for also, meaning music from his album.

So what do you all think, could this work out if Kris approved and made a TAB section where anyone could upload a TAB of their music for others to learn?
swingline
Sounds neat to me. Great Idea.
Unleash-The-Shred
QUOTE (swingline @ Apr 16 2008, 01:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds neat to me. Great Idea.

Thanks. biggrin.gif

I hope this will work out because I'd like to see what people would add.
audiopaal
Yeah, this would be cool smile.gif
Marcus Siepen
Good idea, but unfortunately not as simple as it sounds. In my case for example the rights to tab any Blind Guardian song are with my publishers, so I unfortunately can't just tab Blind Guardian songs here without their permission, this is exactly what Kris is trying to solve with them in the moment so I can do some BG lessons here on GMC.
Nemanja Filipovic
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Apr 16 2008, 09:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good idea, but unfortunately not as simple as it sounds. In my case for example the rights to tab any Blind Guardian song are with my publishers, so I unfortunately can't just tab Blind Guardian songs here without their permission, this is exactly what Kris is trying to solve with them in the moment so I can do some BG lessons here on GMC.

hope we can see some BG lessons...but if the law do not give a green light...I am shore that you can make great lessons based on your expiriance and your great knowledge...
superize

How does it work when people tab out your songs on for example Ultimate guitar.. Do they have to have permission aswell
Marcus Lavendell
I think this is a great idea!
SamJ
QUOTE (superize @ Apr 16 2008, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How does it work when people tab out your songs on for example Ultimate guitar.. Do they have to have permission aswell

Ultimate-Guitar's server is based in Russia so US + European laws don't affect them. In Russia they have hardly any laws against copyright infringement so the Russian goverenment just leave them be.
superize
ok...
at lights end
cool idea.

QUOTE (Sam Hook @ Apr 16 2008, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ultimate-Guitar's server is based in Russia so US + European laws don't affect them. In Russia they have hardly any laws against copyright infringement so the Russian goverenment just leave them be.

so if Kris moved to Russia the problem would be solved?
Danilo Capezzuto
Nice idea. I'd like to see some tabs from pro musicians like Marcus and Muris...learning from a better musicians is one of the good things that a musicians have to do.
Iluha
I think this could just be a part of the uploads board, I don't think it needs a sub-board, good idea non the less smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
It is a nice idea, if instructors are willing to give away tabs of their music! smile.gif
Martin la guitarra
lol, Nice one at lights end xD
Hisham Al-Sanea
sounds great .good idea
Unleash-The-Shred
Well hopefully Kris can solve the problem and get GMC the rights to those tabs.
g-forcelover
Would this count people who don't have a record deal or and album, just something they wrote?
Jeff
This is a great idea. Unfortunately, I did not write "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" - that's about all I can offer to tab with my current skills! biggrin.gif
Canis
I've made some classy blues licks I can contribute with biggrin.gif
Unleash-The-Shred
QUOTE (g-forcelover @ Apr 16 2008, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would this count people who don't have a record deal or and album, just something they wrote?

Yeah.
Unleash-The-Shred
Kris, what do you think about this? biggrin.gif
Mark.

That's infact kinda weird blink.gif ( I do understand copyrights and stuff )
You write your own great music but you dont have permission to show how to play it =s

What if you would write some new stuff in Blind Guardian style which isn't publiced as a song yet, then you would have permission to show it to us right? blink.gif ohmy.gif

Mark.
Unleash-The-Shred
QUOTE (Mark. @ Apr 17 2008, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's infact kinda weird blink.gif ( I do understand copyrights and stuff )
You write your own great music but you dont have permission to show how to play it =s

What if you would write some new stuff in Blind Guardian style which isn't publiced as a song yet, then you would have permission to show it to us right? blink.gif ohmy.gif

Mark.

Yeah that does seem to work out pretty weird?
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Apr 17 2008, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah that does seem to work out pretty weird?

Its not wierd - its a business transaction. At its simplest, you give up some or all of the rights in retirn for the record company to sponsor your recording and publicity, in the hope that you both make money out of it. The Record company puts in money, you put in your intellectual property.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.