Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Band Or With Different People ?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Instructors Corner
Vinod Saranga
Hey Guys
Are you playing in a band or playing with different people?
I have been playing both .
But Now I have chosen to play in one band rather than playing here and there.
Because when playing with others I have to play different instrument eachtime
They say " Ok play lead guitar ,Play drums this time,play base, keyboard... "
I feel that I am to fill the blank of others. sad.gif
And the most important thing is that performance is not so good due to the lack of practise.I believe and have experienced that eventhough very talented people gather to play in a musical show ,if they have never practise together the performance looks like begginners' one.

So that I started a new permanant band with few of my friends and playing only with them ( Hopefully one instrument - lead guitar laugh.gif )

I'd really  like to know your ideas and experiences.
Ivan Milenkovic
I play in a band primarily, but did some work outside too, and agree that practice is always very important in order to play everything perfect.
Vinod Saranga
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ May 7 2008, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I play in a band primarily, but did some work outside too, and agree that practice is always very important in order to play everything perfect.

It's Pleasure to have your opinion smile.gif
Bogdan Radovic
I'm playing in band , and I like it that way... smile.gif
And yes bend members need to play and practice together in order to sound good as a band smile.gif
Bands need to sound good as a blend of all the instruments .. smile.gif
Marcus Siepen
For me it is also the band, I have never really been a session guy. Bands have to grow together by playing together, practicing together, writing together, if you constantly play with different people you will miss this, even though new people can show you new things and give you new input too of course.
MickeM
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ May 8 2008, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For me it is also the band, I have never really been a session guy. Bands have to grow together by playing together, practicing together, writing together, if you constantly play with different people you will miss this, even though new people can show you new things and give you new input too of course.

I agree completely, band for me also for those reasons. For other people and new input we have GMC biggrin.gif
Vinod Saranga
Thanks for your Ideas smile.gif
Juan M. Valero
I think the best is to have a band and also be able to do some substitutions, that's the best way 'cos you can learn lot of things when you play with a different musicians wink.gif
Pablo Vazquez
I am composing songs to my future band... While, I am playing with different people. In this moment with a bassist's funk/soul instrumental band... something like Marcus Miller, I think.
Vinod Saranga
thanks Pablo and Juan smile.gif

QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ May 8 2008, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Marcus.
Really appriciate your opinion. I take it as an advice  smile.gif
Nemanja Filipovic
I am playing(singing) in a band for 4 years know,but I am working on my solo album, and that means I am going to play with a different musicians.
Vinod Saranga
QUOTE (Nemanja Filipovic @ May 9 2008, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am playing(singing) in a band for 4 years know,but I am working on my solo album, and that means I am going to play with a different musicians.

Yea I think for a singer you need to do of your own to build up a identity otherwise  be called as  a band singer.
smile.gif
Hisham Al-Sanea
lead a band and sometimes rock one man show
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.