Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Box Making
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > Andrew Cockburn
MESHUGGAH
Say you know 1 box from the pentatonic in A and you want to know all boxes in A. what are the rules to make the other 4 boxes in the scale?
rockztar
would say that they use the same notes
Andrew Cockburn
You need to understand the rules of scale construction, then you can work out all the boxes yourself!

I have a lesson on the basics of scales here, then you can pick out the lesson for whatever scale you are interested in building from my list of lessons here smile.gif
MESHUGGAH
Thanks smile.gif I have read the lesson but I didn't catch the bit that let me construct the boxes sad.gif I think ill have to read it 3-4 times more biggrin.gif
Andrew Cockburn
Its in there though maybe not plainly ....

To make a box, start on any note of the scale and apply the formula from that point on, changing strings when necessary smile.gif
MESHUGGAH
Thanks again Andrew smile.gif This site is like guitarist heaven biggrin.gif

Pretty sure that after death we will all become GMC instructors wink.gif
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (MESHUGGAH @ May 15 2008, 12:06 PM) *
Pretty sure that after death we will all become GMC instructors wink.gif

We can all hope - I want to be an instructor that can play not just one tht can write wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.