Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question About Recording
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Recording
bham
alright, so when i try and playback tracks i've recorded (and occasionally while i'm recording), they sound distorted and fuzzy, with a little of latency. this happens randomly, and when it happens, it hits every track (including cubase's metronome, so i know it's not part of my recording technique).

nothing is clipping, i don't really record hot. anybody have any idea what's going on here?

it sounds horrible and it has put a grinding halt to my recording.

if it helps, i'm running a lexicon lambda into cubase LE 4.

thanks in advance
Nemanja Filipovic
First thing, try not to playback while you are recording.And I think that problem is your buffer settings.

Devices/devices setup/vst audiobay/and then choose lexicon asio driver.
Under that control there is lexicon asio I thing,press control panel in that section and reduce your latency to 10 ms or higher,12 or 15 ms.
Andrew Cockburn
Are you using the ASIO drivers that came with the lexicon? If not, that could be part of the problem. Also try adjusting the latency as Nemanja suggests.
Ivan Milenkovic
Possibly ASIO driver problem. Reinstalling drivers should be the most logical step imo. ALso check for driver compatibility issues with Cubase LE 4 on Steinberg's site.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.