Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Should I Buy?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
jonathanJ
Hi, I can't decide if I'm going to buy a Line 6 - Spider III 75 amp or a BOSS GT-10 pedal.
The amp i have now is a laney hardcore max 10watt.

what do you think a should buy?
Saoirse O'Shea
Jonathan- I moved the topic to the Gear Board as you'll probably get more responses here.

Cheers,
Tony

I'd probably opt for the Spider amp as personally I think the GT10 would be mismatched with the Laney amp you have at present. Unless you intend to connect the GT10 to a good pair of active monitors or a different amp- if you did that then the GT10.

One thing to consider as well - the GT10 is a lot more expensive then the Spider - so perhaps you should look at a few other possible amps that are around the same price range as the GT10 MFX... Just a suggestion though smile.gif .

Cheers,
Tony
Ivan Milenkovic
I agree with Tony. GT10 is pricey, so some other amps in that price range are better bet then Spider.
ZakkWylde
WHAT do you need it for? A practice amp for home use? An amp ready to do some rehearsals and live shows?
jonathanJ
Okey, so what amp do you recommend for home playing if i want to have a good fit with BOSS GT10.
I want the boss because I want to have a good live playing sound.
I've also think at the line 6 POD XT but with the pod i cant changes the channels on the amp with the foot right?
Ivan Milenkovic
Boss GT10 generally does give a decent sound for live, but nothing better than that. It is still a processor with digital converters that sound digital when amplified. I suggest a good tube amp if you wanna hear that processor good. The bigger the better, possibly with 4x12" or 2x12" cab.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.