Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Downpicking Question
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
AIB234
Like all true Metallica fans, one must eventually learn Master of Puppets.

My question for downpicking is where does the motion come from? The wrist? I can't seem to get it from anywhere else.

And when I do get it, my whooole right arm tenses up. I suppose this means I need to slow down and work at a slower tempo until I can play it relaxed doesn't it? Bah.

Thanks.
Bogdan Radovic
Yeah you need to slow down until your hand is relaxed and practice at that tempo..Eventually you will bring it up to speed....
ZakkWylde
Why don't you take a look how James hetfield plays it and copy it. But realy it's your own preferance how you can do it best.
Ivan Milenkovic
QUOTE (AIB234 @ Jun 28 2008, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And when I do get it, my whooole right arm tenses up. I suppose this means I need to slow down and work at a slower tempo until I can play it relaxed doesn't it? Bah.

Thanks.

It means just that you got it wink.gif
Matt23
If you want to learn it downpicking then go on, but James actually uses alternate live. I can't really tell the difference between downpicking and alternate at that speed so i don't see the point in doing it downpicking, but if you think it sounds better then the only advice i can give is to keep your arm and hand relaxed all the time and your speed will imcrease.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.