Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can You Manage Master Of Puppets All Downstrokes At Full Speed?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
MickeM
The other topic about Master of puppets got me thinking - How bad of a Metal guitarist am I anyway? laugh.gif

So can you manage Master of Puppets all downstrokes at full speed?

I can only AP it as for downpicking... no way so my vote is - I'm not even close. Alternate picking rules!
But be certian, I'm going to practice my downpicking from now on! wink.gif
Matt23
I'm definitely with AP rules. laugh.gif I can't tell much difference between AP and DP so i just learnt the riff AP.
Guitarman700
no problem for me, strangely. any metallica is really easy.
Rated Htr
When I started to play guitar, I never did AP because I played Metallica, yet didn't master the technique quite well because I started to visit GMC...So close, but not quite there...

ALL BECAUSE OF YOU GMC! YOU AND YOUR EXCELENT AP VIDEOS mad.gif
Outlaw2112
grew up playing metallica way back since kill em all... no problems there
Nazgul
Close but not there yet. I can manage sixteenth-notes/107 Bpm, and I think MOP is something about 110 Bpm? unsure.gif
SEANCD2005
metallica was the first band i started playing some years ago, and was all i played for a log tome so no problem for me.
Trond Vold
If i couldnt do Master of Puppets with DP at full speed by now i would feel embarrased. I've played this song an insane amount over the years and i've practiced it way too much smile.gif
ZakkWylde
Sure thing. All of you who call themselves metalheads and can not play MOP right are no metalheads! It's a standard, like learning to walk before you run a marathon...
Storm Linnebjerg
I remember being able to when I started playing guitar - well, you know, some time after. These days I don't think I can. I've been alternate/economy picking too much.
Enucleation
I put sort of, but I think may have been a little too generous with myself. I may have to play it again to know for sure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.