Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Slow?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Rated Htr
Lately the site has been slowing down for me, taking forever to move from a part of a lesson to another and sometimes, on the text part of the lessons the video shows up twice blink.gif Is it just happening to me?
Storm Linnebjerg
I haven't had any problem, I must admit.
TreyDeschamp
I havent seen anything but I'll you know if I do.
Capt.Z
What kind of computer do you have? Also how old is it? And what internet server?
I don't have this problem...
Rated Htr
Found the problem, my brother has been doing downloads and leaving the pc on laugh.gif
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Jul 12 2008, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Found the problem, my brother has been doing downloads and leaving the pc on laugh.gif

biggrin.gif good old bro wink.gif
Storm Linnebjerg
Go unplug his computer then! Cut the cables during the night! I know my dog used to be very interested in cables of all kinds - he isn't anymore though. Make sure it looks like it's done by mice or a cat or something like that! wink.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Now that's just mean man sad.gif laugh.gif
Rated Htr
But it was really giving bugs, I was seeing the lesson video two times o.o
Vasilis
When my brother starts downloading torrents I simply pull of the cable from the router laugh.gif
Rated Htr
I'd do that if he wasn't 24 and I 16 laugh.gif
Bogdan Radovic
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Jul 13 2008, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd do that if he wasn't 24 and I 16 laugh.gif

Maybe you can make a deal to share the bandwidth , he could limit it on his computer to a reasonable amount and leave you the rest for surfing and watching videos ?
Fsgdjv
Well, get faster connection then, of course he should download his stuff cool.gif And just see if he has a torrent program that slows everything down, I there are many programs that I used that did nothing but slow the rest of the connection down, make sure he has a good one and I think you can get along well!
IDontWantMyUsername
I have a little and a big sister. They do also use this pc, and they download lots of crap all the time with LimeWire. dry.gif Well, I got my little sister to stop downloading songs though, and she has started to listen to Led Zeppelin and other rock bands instead of the stupid rap she used to like biggrin.gif Still the biggest problem is my big sister. I simply HATE her taste of music, and she downloads so much that it's impossible to have control over all the songs on iTunes now. Once I deleted Limewire from the computer just to get it to stop for a little while and she went furious sleep.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.