Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scale For Porcelain Heart Solo
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Martin la guitarra
I'm learning the solo in porcelain heart (awesome solo) - By Opeth, was just wondering what scale he uses, here is the link to the guitar pro file im using:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/o/opet..._guitar_pro.htm

Thanks in advance smile.gif
Fsgdjv
I'm not good at this, but. It looks like A minor with some notes that don't really fit in, something that he does a lot, basically because he plays with his ear rather than theory, he knows really little about that. But there might be some other scale, then I don't know. I just had a quick look at the first few notes, so I might be mistaken.
Martin la guitarra
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Aug 16 2008, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not good at this, but. It looks like A minor with some notes that don't really fit in, something that he does a lot, basically because he plays with his ear rather than theory, he knows really little about that. But there might be some other scale, then I don't know. I just had a quick look at the first few notes, so I might be mistaken.

Oh ok, thanks smile.gif A little spooky, was jamming around with modern blues theme's backing track, and the scale Dejan was using was A minor.
kjutte
QUOTE (Martin la guitarra @ Aug 16 2008, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm learning the solo in porcelain heart (awesome solo) - By Opeth, was just wondering what scale he uses, here is the link to the guitar pro file im using:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/o/opet..._guitar_pro.htm

Thanks in advance smile.gif

mainriff is twoguitared diminished.
And the rest is in Aminor it seems.

Acoustic is also in Aminor.
Martin la guitarra
QUOTE (kjutte @ Aug 16 2008, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mainriff is twoguitared diminished.
And the rest is in Aminor it seems.

Acoustic is also in Aminor.

thanks smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.