Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Software For Singing
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > More instructors > Nemanja Filipovic (Singing Instructor)
Pio Jr.
Hey Nemanja, Hey GMC singers,

Maybe it's a stupid questions but here it is anyhow

I have bought a book with cd to train my voice. If I hold my tuner to the speakers when the cd plays the notes are always marked correctly. If I try to sing with my tuner to reach the key it works but isn't an ideal situation.

Is there software that recognizes your tone if your singing? Ex. :If you sing an E that the software recognizes it and marks it.

Thanks, Pio Jr.
Nemanja Filipovic
QUOTE (Pio Jr. @ Aug 21 2008, 08:54 PM) *
Hey Nemanja, Hey GMC singers,

Maybe it's a stupid questions but here it is anyhow

I have bought a book with cd to train my voice. If I hold my metronome to the speakers when the cd plays the notes are always marked correctly. If I try to sing with my metronome to reach the key it works but isn't an ideal situation.

Is there software that recognizes your tone if your singing? Ex. :If you sing an E that the software recognizes it and marks it.

Thanks, Pio Jr.

Hi,there are a few programs,they can track pitch,but they are meant for pitch correction.You haw Antreas Autotune and Celemony Melodyne.
What you can do if you haw a mic,you can record your self practicing,and then check where you made your mistakes.
I practice that way some times.The software is not free,but is good for pitch correction.
Sorry if I could not help you a bit more.
Martin la guitarra
Try a tuner, most of them tells you what tone you're singing
Juan M. Valero

ph34r.gif
DeepRoots
Earmaster pro 5 has a singing section that will measure your pitch- if you have a mic ofcourse. Great program for many other reasons too smile.gif
Nemanja Filipovic
Yeah as Martin la guitarra sad,tuner can do the job as well.smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.