Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Would Be Your Dream Electric Guitar?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
Pages: 1, 2
jer
If you had to choose one.
sigma7
woot 100% shecter
Guitarman700
im an ESP or Jackson kind of guy, although im perfectly happy with my vintage American made Kramer.
Edit: something with an explorer or V shape, no whammy bar, SD blackout pickups, ebony fingerboard, and a bound neck and headstock. basically, either a custom ESP explorer, or a Custom Jackson King V.
OrganisedConfusion
Parker Fly Select Koa smile.gif
superize
I would have to say ESP since many of favorite guitarist use it
JVM
I'm going to have it made. Maple on mahogany semi-hollow body with a solid maple neck, a seymour JB in the bridge and a p-90 in the neck. Sort of a PRS style or a les paul double cutaway style not sure yet. Coil tap on the JB, two volume two tone and a 5 way pickup selector, locking tuners, some kind of floating non locked trem bar. That's about it smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Definitely a nice 57 vintage strat. cool.gif
ChrisVdS
Ibanez RG limted edition 2008 with vine inlay in the neck, a HSH setup instead of HH with BKP pickups and a Zero point tremelo bridge now that would be an awesome guitar laugh.gif
Emir Hot
Jimmy Page Les Paul. I tried this beast, incredible
Chief Brody
I've seen at least 4 or 5 of those Jimmy Page Les Pauls and i haven't had the guts to try them yet because they're just so damn expensive. Even asking to try it would be asking for a shop assistant to hassle me into oblivion.....the worst part being i probably would let myself being hassled into buying it since it's a pretty incredible axe.

Personally though i'm far too indecisive to say what my dream axe actually is........but since i own 2 PRS guitars i'd have to say it'd probably be a PRS!
2mazzo
I still want a Ran Custom made guitar.
audiopaal
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Sep 17 2008, 12:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jimmy Page Les Paul. I tried this beast, incredible

I want that one too biggrin.gif

Hmmm, maybe if I sell my ESP and save a looot of money I could get one in a few years tongue.gif
Saoirse O'Shea
Other for me.

More specifically a custom very similar to the one I already have - double cut away LP Junior type body, mahogany body and set neck, flamed tiger stripe maple cap on the body, translucent blue or red (don't really care as I don't look at when I'm playing wink.gif) , ebony finger board, graduated fretting, neck profile as per my Gibson HRF, cream binding, no inlays on neck. Only real change over my current custom would be a fixed bridge, present one has a floating FR which I just rarely use to justify the hassle.

So it's the same custom without the FR. I'm pretty easy to please smile.gif.

Cheers,
Tony

ps before anyone asks - no I can't just take the FR off as it's a floating, non routed set up on a fixed neck smile.gif .
ZakkWylde
Gibson Les Paul Custom with white binding and black hardware with a pair of Emgs...
Toroso
Probably the next one I'm going to build. SG body, not sure of the wood just yet, mahog or alder tho. Floyd, Dimarzio + Duncan, Sperzals. Graphite nut. Ebony fingerboard. SS frets. Still just a babe in the womb.
Nemanja Filipovic
Les Paul Costume.:)Black as night:)
Trond Vold
I like to keep my guitars simple smile.gif
If it's got EMG's, strings-thru-body bridge, mahogny body and a volume-knob, then i'm pleased smile.gif
inertia
prs custom24
Tjchep
Either a Tom Anderson Or Suhr.. Best production guitars on the market imo.
Praetorian
From a monetary standpoint...I would take like Ivan said, a nice '57 strat and sell it for about $40,000! Then I could buy a LOT of dream guitars!!! wink.gif

But if I had to pick one to keep, it would definitely be a custom one like Muris' that I could pick and choose every aspect of it.
FrankW
...one that can cook me eggs...
Kuba Szafran
Any suhr stratocaster.
kyldeee
50's vintage strat or E.C.'s signature strat... "Blackie" biggrin.gif
SensE
ESP and GIBSON of course !
Jesse
I already got my dream guitar. My usa made fender strat with texas special pickups!!!!!!!!! But dream guitar? SRV'S #1
mattacuk

I have my dream guitar, and there is NOTHING else i would rather own biggrin.gif
blindwillie
Tough choise since I already own my dream guitar but I picked that one, Schecter then.
The next guitar to buy should be a high end Fender, but since I already own a Fender it has no priority. An Ibanez will be the next buy but it's not a dream guitar, just a fun to have one.
So the real dream guitar would be "Other", a custom made by my design.

Oh, wait! My dream guitar right now would be a cheap old beaten up guitar I don't have to be careful with, that I can mod and keep high action on for slide and different tunings and such. I'm considering a Fender Kitty for this tongue.gif
So. My dream guitar ended up as a Fender Kitty. It will get a kill switch and scalloped frets for starters biggrin.gif
Canis
I gotta say either a Parker Nitefly Deluxe, or an Gibson SG... I'm in love with SG's... wub.gif
Muris Varajic
I've got mine....well...so far laugh.gif
Toroso
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Sep 17 2008, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've got mine....well...so far laugh.gif

Muris, I've read a lot about this guitar of yours. Are there any pics?
Guitarist16
the evh "shark guitar".
sigma7
im making my own brand this year and starting a company...if u guys likey, then i can selly
g-forcelover
im the only one that said bc rich. handcrafted supreme based on a mockingbird special, with a recessed edge pro (jem stlye) and a steve vai bridge pickup, and a dimebucker neck.
MickeM
Keeping it simple. I'd like a Gibson doublecut LP and a Suhr Classic SSS.
Voted Gibson.
Noangels
I went Fenders way as its a design classic,and like others here I would love to have a vintage strat or two:)

Wouldnt say I have any dream guitars,as they all have their own colours.

I do intend to buy at least one Sig type guitar a year from any maker,I might look at carvins Holdsworth model next
Matt23
I voted PRS, not sure why though. I just like the look of them. smile.gif
Raw
Easily Schecter, ESP og PRS for metal. But for jazz, blues and classic rock you cant go wrong with Fender and Gibson. Voted Schecter.
Minz80
I'd love to have a Gibson Les Paul Traditional Plus Electric Guitar -Heritage Cherry Burst!
I voted Gibson~
Smikey2006
Schecter Custom Shop wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

They are just sooo incredible smile.gif
FrankW
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Here's two guitars that do it for me. The ESP has EMGs and the Soloist has Seymour Duncans. The guitars are obviously very similar otherwise. Ebony fretboards, neck-through, Floyds, beautiful tops...gimme!
sidewas lightning
I'm building mine right now... I hope. huh.gif
Fsgdjv
Some kind of custom built PRS with a piezo pickup, 24 frets and no whammy bar would be my dream guitar.
Rooks

I'd like an Ibanez JEM 20th special edition in clear acrylic with green swirl tongue.gif That guitar is just too psychedelic
OzRob
I think I have mine. biggrin.gif

ESP Horizon Custom...http://www.espguitars.com/images/guitars/Horizon-CTM_ASB.jpg

Nazgul
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Sep 17 2008, 01:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gibson Les Paul Custom with white binding and black hardware with a pair of Emgs...

wub.gif
Me too.
Jakub Luptovec
Michael Romeo's signature Caparison.. the headstock is just too beautifull..

and having that guitar.. I would maybe start playing like him.. or.. more probably not.. but just the feeeeeling wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif happy.gif

But i wouldt mind some custom PRS, Ibanez Jem (especially that psychyedylic one:P) or some b.a. Dean Razorback:P
The Spartan
Currently ANY guitar would be my dream guitar lol. I just moved into Gold Coast ,Australia and I didn't bring any of my
guitars. A whole month without guitars..I don't know how I'm still alive mellow.gif
metalpete
I would like Fender to build me a 7 string strat. But it's never gonna happen.
Fran
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Sep 17 2008, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have my dream guitar, and there is NOTHING else i would rather own biggrin.gif

What about buckethead's LP Matt? tongue.gif

I didn't vote as I just can't choose just one guitar. There are so many awesome guitars out there, SGs, Strats, LPs, Super Strats.... and I like them all!

Antonio23
i donĀ“t know much about guitar hardware,but to me a dream guitar must have a great sustain,good tone and the perfect tremolo bar.by the way,the floyd rose is a good and reliable tremolo right?
i saw this guitar at a local store.got my attention biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.