Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First Solo
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Uploads
opeth.db
Here is my first attempt at soloing right. I have been doing Ivan's Penta's workshop. Im beginning level 3 here shortly.

This is just in A minor scale and only in open box 4, and box 5 CAGED pattern. There are some sour notes but still learning my timing. I never knew how to do this before correctly. Its great starting to see the fretboard in a different light. I see some improvement already an its only been 2 weeks. Can't wait to start linking patterns moving left and right.

Thanks GMC!

Comments are welcome please!!! wink.gif
Bogdan Radovic
This is very good for a first solo!!! Really nice to hear that fretboard opened to you...One idea - when constructing small phrases think about them as conversations full with questions and answers...That should give your solos a more flow and less randomness smile.gif
opeth.db
Thanks Bogdan!
Capt.Z
Very nice. I liked your sound!
Good first try! smile.gif
chmilew
Yeah sounds very nice !
I like it smile.gif
fatb0t
There you go man, welcome to the world of soloing! Keep at it, this sounds pretty darn good!
opeth.db
Thanks for the nice comments everyone. smile.gif

Hisham Al-Sanea
good start
Toroso
Good job man. smile.gif
jer
Nicely done man!

Did you make the backing too?

One thing I'd have liked to hear is more variation in speed. Not asking for anything to be super fast or anything. I know where your playing level is. (we've worked together as you know) But just some variance in the solo.

Minz80
That's a great solo! I'd suggest working on the phrasing. Your solo sounds great!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.