Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recording Female Voices
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > Luciana Segovia (Singing Instructor)
Gus
Hi, Luciana.

I am now on a band that has a front girl. Her voice is really good, but every time we record something the recording is simply not up to what we hear on the recording room.
Do you have any tips to record female voice? (maybe also some general tips about recording voice). Well, you definitely has experience with that tongue.gif

Just in case, did you ever recorded voice over Gabriel's POD X3? Cause that's what we are using to record our demos. If so, what were the settings?
Luciana Segovia
QUOTE (Gus @ Nov 3 2008, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, Luciana.

I am now on a band that has a front girl. Her voice is really good, but every time we record something the recording is simply not up to what we hear on the recording room.
Do you have any tips to record female voice? (maybe also some general tips about recording voice). Well, you definitely has experience with that tongue.gif

Just in case, did you ever recorded voice over Gabriel's POD X3? Cause that's what we are using to record our demos. If so, what were the settings?

Hi Gus! It's great to hear that you have a female singer in your band! smile.gif
I just tried the pod x3 once and we didn't like the results... We use a tube pre mic (behringer ultragain) and a condenser mic for recording demos and the lessons. You should try any condenser mic like Rode Nt 2 A or any Akg with a good pre amp exclusive for voices to get a professional voice recorded.

BTW we didn't experiment too much with the pod X3 so I can't assure you that it's not good for recording vocals.

Luciana.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.