Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Closer.... Ever Closer....
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > More instructors > Muris Varajic > Private (Muris)
Chris Evans
laugh.gif

Just recieved my update from Dean and congratulations mate, your through to the next round!!

Your now in the top 15!!!! (although theres is a final 18 coz of a ratings tie) woo hoo! biggrin.gif

c`mon Muris!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
DeepRoots
sweeeet, congrats Muris. It won't stop here i'm sure biggrin.gif
Muris Varajic
Thanks,great news!!! biggrin.gif
rokchik
Congrats Muris!!!!!!

I agree with DR, it won't stop here smile.gif
audiopaal
Congrats smile.gif

Well deserved smile.gif
Siggum
Grats Muris, good luck biggrin.gif
Trond Vold
Thats great! smile.gif Congrats Muris
OrganisedConfusion
Best of luck to you muris. When is the winner announced? You have done amazingly well to get to the last 15 and should be proud whatever. I hope you win.
Muris Varajic
Thank you all! smile.gif

If I'm right,results shall be announced in few days,will see. wink.gif
Jose Mena
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Nov 26 2008, 07:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you all! smile.gif

If I'm right,results shall be announced in few days,will see. wink.gif

Awesome Muris, hope to see you performing in Tampa
lcsdds
Good Job Muris!!! I hope you win, you deserve it. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Muris Varajic
Many thanks! smile.gif
coffeeman
Congratulations Muris , you deserve to win this competition , your take was amazing!
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Nov 26 2008, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Congratulations Muris , you deserve to win this competition , your take was amazing!

Thanks,appreciate it.smile.gif
Gus
Congratulations man!

If there is justice in this competition, you will win. wink.gif

Now that is just 18 takes, I decided to listen them all. There are some good ones. Some other takes look to be chosen because of the style... (by the way, I think it would be lame if a bad take wins just because it's using a Dean guitar. to be fair I only liked 1 of the takes of the guys using Dean's).
But there is one things that I think clearly distinguish your technique to all others: despite your take is freakin fast one can hear every note clearly. This is not the case with other entries.

All good luck to you, pal. You deserve it!
lcsdds
QUOTE (Gus @ Nov 26 2008, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Congratulations man!

If there is justice in this competition, you will win. wink.gif

Now that is just 18 takes, I decided to listen them all. There are some good ones. Some other takes look to be chosen because of the style... (by the way, I think it would be lame if a bad take wins just because it's using a Dean guitar. to be fair I only liked 1 of the takes of the guys using Dean's).
But there is one things that I think clearly distinguish your technique to all others: despite your take is freakin fast one can hear every note clearly. This is not the case with other entries.

All good luck to you, pal. You deserve it!

Hopefully there is justice and he will win!!! Funny, the first time I heard about Muris was a review somebody was doing on Petrucci's forum of the Gtr Idol competition. They were talking about how this guitar player had awesome chops but the drummer couldn't keep up with the weird time signature. I had to check out the video of it. I couldn't believe how professional Muris was when you could clearly see that the drummer screwed up. Then a few months later I saw that he was an instructor here on GMC and had to sign up, especially after seeing his and all the other instructors amazing lessons. Anyways, You deserve to win Muris and even if you don't we all know YOU ROCK!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Monte
Gus
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Nov 27 2008, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They were talking about how this guitar player had awesome chops but the drummer couldn't keep up with the weird time signature. I had to check out the video of it.

Yep. I was already in GMC, but I wanted to read an unbiased point of view about guitar idol competition to see what people were talking about it. Then I went in the brazilian guitar forum of cifraclub and they were telling exactly the same thing about Muris.

What they don't know, and we all know here in GMC is that Muris is a very helpful person, inspiring all of us to be good guitarists and still humble smile.gif
Muris Varajic
That was very kind guys,
I just do my best to make some sense of my life playing music,
and if that makes someone else happy
than I really can't ask for more. smile.gif
enforcer
great man hope you win it! biggrin.gif
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (enforcer @ Nov 27 2008, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
great man hope you win it! biggrin.gif

Thanks. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.