Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Prince Of Persia
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Misc. Discussions > Electronic Entertainment
The Uncreator
Anyone else feel completely and utterly letdown by the new game? I mean it is gorgeous, But they took out everything that was good about the POP series. They said it was going to be open world, Coming from a very deep RPG background and being a diehard fan of games such as Oblivion, Everquest, Fallout 3, and other open-ended style games. There so called open world felt extremely structured and all too predictable (I actually guessed where "The Hunter" and "The Alchemist" were going to show up everytime, and was never wrong) The fight system was always one on one, with very few fights and the ones they do have, including boss battles, were all to easy, cause each fight you encounter is the exact same as the last, with the same soultion, there is a total of 2 different attacks that your enemy will use against you, Puzzles were extremely simplistic, And yet, this game is getting 10 out of 10, 9.4 out of 10 and all these other extremely high scores.

Anyone else feel like they just wasted $65?
sigma7
ya i agree they could have done a whole better job with the game. I dont know if ubisoft is stil in control of it but lately all their games have been lacking a little bit of interest.
The Uncreator
Yeah, I know what you mean. I mean, Sands of time, Two Thrones, and Warrior Within were phenomenal, and then this, I mean talk about a 180.
Disturbed21
They should of just kept the original path they were on with Sands of time,two thrones,etc. mad.gif
audiopaal
I was looking forward to this game..
Is it really that bad???
It got a 6 out of 6 rating in a norwegian newspaper blink.gif
Wabba
Yeah. Well, actully here in Finland the game isn't even buyable yet (Or i haven't heard about it). Could somebody please explain the storyline of the games. I've only completed the first POP and the sands of time, And I own warrior within and rival swords (I think it is same as the two thrones but for wii). And what happened to the princess??? At the first game he succes in saving the princess, and in sands of time he kisses another princess i think...

EDIT:Correct me if I'm wrong, i was about 11 years when i played these games, so I might not have understood everything.
Rob Wilson
Ive only seen the screenshots and I dont like the cartoony graphics. I never really played the other either though. My favorite game when I was a kid however was the original Prince of Persia which I had on a floppy disk biggrin.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
You have to consider the fact that these mainstream games are mainstream products. They are simplified in order to reach a wider audience so more people can play them, which will generate larger profit for covering the expenses of the build, and make some money for investors as well. Teenagers with 13 years and above are playing these games, so they need to make them a bit simple.
Sircraigery
I was let down when the 3rd one came out for xbox. Some parts were so hard, it was no longer fun. Like that wagon chase, then the battle right after it.
Toni Suominen
This is why I was and still am skeptical about the whole "mainstream" game boom that is on now. Games like Prince of Persia get simplified for the average gamer, and the producers ignore the "hardcore" gaming audience for profit. It's very unfortunate, let's just hope this trend won't be the end of all good games and we just get Wii Music over and over again.
David Wallimann
I haven't bought it but played it as my brother is a videogame tester.
He loves it, but I really didn't. I much preferred the original series...
Emir Hot
I remember playing this about 13 years ago on 386 PC smile.gif
Toni Suominen
Luckily they have the HD-remake of the original Prince of Persia on Xbox Live Marketplace and Playstation network! It's an old game but still very good smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.