Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mtp Competition!
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Competitions
audiopaal
It's time for a new competition smile.gif

This competition will be used to select 5 lucky intermediates for signup in the MTP,
and you are competing for the chance to be mentored by none other than our very own:

Click to view attachment

Muris Varajic

What we need from you:
  • A list of your previous forum uploads (to demonstrate skill levels and commitment) -
    if you don't have any yet we don't mind if you upload a few in the next few days smile.gif

• A list of up to 5 links showing forum posts in while you have helped others
    (they can be within the initial competition period if you don't have too many yet)

• A Video explaining where your playing is at, what you want to achieve as a player,
    and why you think you would make a good Mentor (Intermediate mentors will be required to
    mentor up to 5 beginners as part of the program)

Of course the devil is in the detail, so here are the rules:
  • The competition starts immediately. All potential Intermediates must register their interest
    in the separate signup thread here, and their entry must include:
    - A list of GMC Forum Uploads showing you have been active in producing music and have recording skills etc
    - A list of up to 5 links showing forum posts in while you have helped others
    (they can be within the initial competition period if you don't have too many yet)
    - A video explaining where your playing is at, what you want to achieve as a player,
    and why you think you would make a good Mentor.

• After a 2 week period, entries will be closed, and the next phase will start.

• Our panel of judges, Kris, Andrew & Smells will select a list of up to 10 intermediates
    to make it through to the next phase, selection will be made based on skill,
    helpfulness quality of uploads and overall suitability to be a Mentor as well
    as being able to benefit from mentoring by our instructor.

• Each of the 10 intermediates will be assigned a Beginner to Mentor for the period of 1 month.
    Mentoring will be carried out in the same way as the test mentoring was by Kris and Smells -
    use of the agenda will continue in the same way.

• Test Mentors will be provided with a suggested sylabus and a list of guidelines to help them.
    They will be expected to show evidence of ability to guide less experienced members,
    assess skill levels and pitch their mentoring appropriately.

• At the end of this one month process, our panel of judges will make an assessment
    based on the overall success of mentoring, with input from the beginners,
    and through examination of the Agendas.

• The top 5 intermediates will be accepted into the program, and will start to be mentored
    by the instructor, and over a period of time will be matched up with additional beginners
    to a maximum of 5, to continue their mentoring duties.

• In this competition, judgment of suitability will be made by our panel of judges,
    and their decision will be final.

• The prize on offer is to be mentored by a GMC instructor, and no equivalent is on offer.

The sign-up thread can be found HERE!

Good luck everyone smile.gif
Jesse
WOW! I wish I was intermediate...
opeth.db
QUOTE (Jesse @ Dec 10 2008, 01:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WOW! I wish I was intermediate...

I hear that! I wish I wasn't a beginer soloist.
Iluha
God dam it.. I wanted to get mentored by Muris sad.gif

But since I still can't be very active for the next month and a half.. I'll pass this time.
Tolek
Great. biggrin.gif I didn´t expect that Muris would be a mentor. smile.gif Very cool. I´ll send in some takes when I get my POD Studio at Christmas, but I´ll show some older recordings, too. Now, I´m very motivated. smile.gif

Good luck, everybody!
Tolek
I was looking for unanswered question from GMCers, but none was really untouched. Mostly, everything was said... So, we have no more to add. Is it possible that instructors answer to topics after 1 day? That would allow us sign-ups to show what we know and how we can help others. It was really difficult for me to post really really helpful answers because I had a lot to learn for school. sad.gif Now, I have plenty of time and I can share my views, give hints,... . smile.gif
Would be nice if you accepted my proposition. smile.gif Thanks.
superize
QUOTE (Tolek @ Dec 10 2008, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was looking for unanswered question from GMCers, but none was really untouched. Mostly, everything was said... So, we have no more to add. Is it possible that instructors answer to topics after 1 day? That would allow us sign-ups to show what we know and how we can help others. It was really difficult for me to post really really helpful answers because I had a lot to learn for school. sad.gif Now, I have plenty of time and I can share my views, give hints,... . smile.gif
Would be nice if you accepted my proposition. smile.gif Thanks.

Have to agree with you on this one it is hard to be helpfull when we have guys like Ivan and Bogdan online 24/7 and answers every question laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

It will be hard to find 5 posts where i think i have helped someone
Tolek
QUOTE (superize @ Dec 10 2008, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have to agree with you on this one it is hard to be helpfull when we have guys like Ivan and Bogdan online 24/7 and answers every question laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

It will be hard to find 5 posts where i think i have helped someone

Haha. biggrin.gif I mainly meant Ivan. In his shadow we are powerless.... laugh.gif

I´ve got some good posts I think, but I´d like to show even better ones. smile.gif

The best thing would be if they sent us their great answers and we could post them. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Matt23
Can I enter if I write the things it says have to be explained in the video?
enforcer
man there are so many good guitar players and better candidates I wonder if I can even be remembered? tongue.gif
Patrik Jezierski
this sounds so tempting! get mentored by the great Muris!
I wish i had the time to put down all that work that this competition requires, to much in school theese days.
Man I hate studying! It removes your freedom.
audiopaal
Everyone can enter (even me, finally biggrin.gif), as long as they follow the requirements explained in the first post smile.gif
Gus
Muris is really different in that photo. When I saw the photo I really thought it was José Mena, laugh.gif

Interesting competition. I'll give it a try
kjutte
I'd love to be coached by Muris!!

Here's my input.

Edit: Nevermind, I gotta make a whole post for all those criterias it seems.
Tolek
Deadline is 24th, right?
GuitarsANDtattoos
Wow...this is a big one.
Boson
biggrin.gif Great opportunity for intermediates!

cool.gif Unfortuately thats not me yet, but I would love to be considered as a beginner for mentoring by one of the intermediates. Is there a sign up thread for that?

smile.gif Good luck you guys aiming for the mentoring opportunity with Murius
wrk
QUOTE (Boson @ Jan 1 2009, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cool.gif Unfortuately thats not me yet, but I would love to be considered as a beginner for mentoring by one of the intermediates. Is there a sign up thread for that?

Hi Boson, the beginner MTP sign up thread you will find HERE smile.gif

Boson
QUOTE (wrk @ Jan 1 2009, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Boson, the beginner MTP sign up thread you will find HERE smile.gif

Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.