Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiki Guitarist Top 5
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Pages: 1, 2
kaznie_NL
Hey Guys and Girls,

In the Guitarist Portal of the wiki, I'm going to make a nice Guitarist Top Five, and I need your votes! Please post your votes in the poll above, and it will be weekly updated in the wiki!

I have chosen the option of multiple anwsers so you can pick more, please don't pick more then three.

UPDATED, SOME EXTRA NAMES!
Storm Linnebjerg
You missed Dan Rock from Psychotic Waltz! Oh noooes! tongue.gif
superize
My favorites is not there so i cant vote tongue.gif
kaznie_NL
I had a topic in the wiki section where people shouted some names, those were the best choices. If you can't find your favourite, please state so. If this happens a lot, this idea doesn't work, and I'll close it tongue.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 30 2009, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You missed Dan Rock from Psychotic Waltz! Oh noooes! tongue.gif

Problem is that he'll probably get five votes where Vai can get 20, so I can add three hundred names, but only five can be chosen.
Storm Linnebjerg
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Jan 30 2009, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had a topic in the wiki section where people shouted some names, those were the best choices. If you can't find your favourite, please state so. If this happens a lot, this idea doesn't work, and I'll close it tongue.gif

I'm merely joking smile.gif I know that Dan Rock would not be amongst such greats as these, more so not voted for, so it's no big deal wink.gif

QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Jan 30 2009, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Problem is that he'll probably get five votes where Vai can get 20, so I can add three hundred names, but only five can be chosen.

See reply above smile.gif
Canis
Voted. Can't wait to see who is GMC's top 5 guitarists.. I think we have had polls before, but never a "investigation" of this scale =)
berko
I think this is a pretty good list for the "popular" guitarists out there even though a lot of names are missing. Anyhow, my vote is there! smile.gif
ErikEklund
Guthrie biggrin.gif
Guitarman700
Can we take Kirk Hammet off that list and replace him with Jeff Loomis? Please?
Martin la guitarra
Awesome thread!
Fsgdjv
I voted for Hendrix.
Toni Suominen
I voted Guthrie biggrin.gif
Ramiro Delforte
Voted 5 of them but Guthrie is the best tongue.gif
Frederik
QUOTE (Ramiro Delforte @ Jan 30 2009, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Voted 5 of them but Guthrie is the best tongue.gif

+1
im totally lost in "wonderfull slippery thing"
Paiva
Where is my gilbert? sad.gif
berko
I think it really tells something about this site where GG and EJ are in the lead of such a poll...

In a good sense that is laugh.gif
Jenkinson
No Paul Gilbert or Marty Friedman. I cant believe I am the only one that voted for EVH.
Pedja Simovic
Eric Johnson, SRV, EVH, Slash and Satriani smile.gif
EricGhart
Vai is my favorite guitarist but I would have to say Guthrie is the best.

EDIT: I just happened to think where is Al Di Meola?
Trond Vold
Thats a mighty fine list! smile.gif
I went with Gilbert, Govan, Petrucci, Loomis and Satriani smile.gif
MickeM
"Best" in what sense I wondered so my approach was regarding who meant the most for guitar music not who's faster or more technical. Malmsteen, Hendrix, Clapton and Eddie Van Halen. Couldn't vote for neither Gary Moore nor Peter Green.

And I'm very surprised Eddie van Halen only got 4 votes so far ohmy.gif Must be the first time in the history of a guitar forum laugh.gif ...and *cough*Slash*hrm* should be proud to have made it to the list rolleyes.gif I mean, sure he's rock n roll and all but I rate f.ex Dave Navarro a lot lot lot lot higher.

Great list though, plenty of choices and I appreciate I could pick more than one - which always is almost impossible smile.gif
Outlaw2112
QUOTE (Jenkinson @ Jan 30 2009, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No Paul Gilbert or Marty Friedman. I cant believe I am the only one that voted for EVH.

youre not the only one.... gotta have eddie in the top 5
Oxac
Personally I would like to have seen Frank Gambale on that list. That man INVENTED sweeping. I'm also missing Les Paul... the chops that oldie possessess (spelling lol tongue.gif I know, Possesses)
skennington
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jan 30 2009, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Best" in what sense I wondered so my approach was regarding who meant the most for guitar music not who's faster or more technical.

Same here, I voted EVH, SRV, Vai & Satch. Oops, picked 4, sorry Kaz... smile.gif
Enucleation
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Jan 30 2009, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can we take Kirk Hammet off that list and replace him with Jeff Loomis? Please?

We have been here before but you seem to bash Metallica in 90% of your posts. I can only speak for me but it is realy getting aggravating dude.

If you don't like Kirk then don't vote for him. Loomis is great though.
Vaialation1232
PIcked, would like to see an Other choice maybe?? or at least greg howe on there to be alongside Govan
kaznie_NL
QUOTE (Vaialation1232 @ Jan 31 2009, 04:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PIcked, would like to see an Other choice maybe?? or at least greg howe on there to be alongside Govan

Well.. I think it would be kinda lame if I had a top five and number one is... TADAA: Other!!

I'm sorry if the list isn't sufficient, but I can't make a list with a hundred names, so I only picked the ones with a chance to win!
Guitarman700
QUOTE (Enucleation @ Jan 30 2009, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We have been here before but you seem to bash Metallica in 90% of your posts. I can only speak for me but it is realy getting aggravating dude.

If you don't like Kirk then don't vote for him. Loomis is great though.

Who says im bashing metallica? i just dont think we should put kirk hammet alongside guthrie govan, John petrucci and steve vai, not even the same kind of guitar playing.
Didnt mean to offend anyone.
Fran
Voted! Cool idea Kaz smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Where are players like Wes Montgomery, Pat Metheny, Paco De Lucia, Robert Johnson?

I have to say biggest names that left biggest breakthroughs are Hendrix, EVH, SRV, Satriani
inertia
I would have voted Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck if they were on there, nice list though
kaznie_NL
The top five is now viewable in the Guitarist section of the wiki! http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...rtal:Guitarists
kaznie_NL
BUMP tongue.gif sorry, I just trie to get some more votes for EVH and Satch tongue.gif Naah, just kiding, I want top five as good as it gets, and therefore I need all votes!
Pavlov
I can not vote for in a list that does not include Frusciante. Sorry, Kaz. smile.gif I know it may be a bit of an odd choice, but I just love every note he makes when he touches his guitar.

I guess you guys should be happy I didn't mention Kurt Cobain. tongue.gif
audiopaal
Voted cool.gif
kaznie_NL
QUOTE (Pavlov @ Feb 7 2009, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can not vote for in a list that does not include Frusciante. Sorry, Kaz. smile.gif I know it may be a bit of an odd choice, but I just love every note he makes when he touches his guitar.

I guess you guys should be happy I didn't mention Kurt Cobain. tongue.gif

Sorry bout that, I love frusciante myself tongue.gif I just couldn't include all guitarist, the list would be immense tongue.gif I tried to pick the ones who have a chance at winning. And here at GMC I don't think Frusciante would have made it to the Top 5, although I would've like that tongue.gif I wrote the huge Wiki article on him wink.gif

UPDATE: Satriani has taken the lead in front of Vai!!
hansome21
No Rhandy Rhodes? But why?
Velvet Roger
Voted smile.gif
kaznie_NL
Thanks Roger!
playaxeman
Voted

Where is Michael Schenker BTW?
kaznie_NL
Well he lives in the US, so I gues he's there .... .. ... happy.gif Sorry tongue.gif
kaznie_NL
Sorry to bring this thread up, but there's a minor issue... number five is shared by Hendrix and Petrucci! So pleae vote, of if you've already voted tell me which one is better, he'll get the fifth place!
Fsgdjv
Hendrix is better! There I said it biggrin.gif
kaznie_NL
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Feb 16 2009, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hendrix is better! There I said it biggrin.gif

thnx wink.gif
Roadside
nice poll smile.gif
Ryan
No Jason Becker unsure.gif,
I go for the next best I guess.....
TreyDeschamp
no other option?
Jakub Luptovec
Lucky, that Romeo is not there:P He would have won it anyway:D
Farmer Joe
Voted, don't know if it'll still count, but its fun smile.gif
kaznie_NL
QUOTE (Farmer Joe @ Mar 8 2009, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Voted, don't know if it'll still count, but its fun smile.gif

Yes yes! It's still on tongue.gif check the wiki, n the guitarist portal!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.