Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How To Jam Via Msn Guide
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Student Instructor Lessons
Tolek
Hey folks,

For those interested in jamming accross MSN with other people, I thought I`d put together this little guide for you to try it smile.gif

there are sometimes latency problems and the signal is cut sometimes. Try it anyway, maybe it

works for you sometimes!

Start with launching POD Farm or Gearbox. Then open MSN and click on the Extras button where the following

window is going to appear.

Click on Audio and Video Setup. You are going to see this window:

Click on "Next".

Here you should choose the "Speakers (your audio interface)" option from the list. Then click on "Play Sound"

and make sure if you hear the sound. If not, make sure if your headphones/speakers are connected properly to your

audio interface which should be linked to the computer correctly. If everyhing´s ok, click on "Next".

Choose from the drop-down list the option that says "Audio Interface (the name of it). Now, make sure that

your guitar is connected to your interface and play something, it doesn´t matter what, nobody is going to hear you

yet, so you can mess up everything. laugh.gif If it works without problems, click on "Next".

Now you are supposed to choose your webcam from the list. If you see yourself in the box (if your camera is set up

correctly and if it focuses you and not the floor laugh.gif ), it is working and you can click on "Finish".

Now you can start talking with someone and call him. Normally, he should hear you.

I hope that everything is clear and it works for you! If not, don´t hesitate to contact me. wink.gif

See you,
Tolek
Chris Evans
*bump*

Tolek has posted a little guide here for anyone interested in trying to jam over MSN with other people smile.gif

Cheers Tolek, have to give this a try sometime! smile.gif
fatb0t
Oh cool man, I'm stoked to try this out.
Tolek
QUOTE (Smells @ Feb 5 2009, 11:46 AM) *
*bump*

Tolek has posted a little guide here for anyone interested in trying to jam over MSN with other people smile.gif

Cheers Tolek, have to give this a try sometime! smile.gif

Thanks for opening. smile.gif
If you are looking for a test partner, you can add me. biggrin.gif Would be really amazing to have a jam with you. smile.gif
Pedja Simovic
Thank you so much Tolek for this lesson
I requested it and you delivered it perfectly !

I never start POD farm and thats why POD never showed on my MSN
Very helpful info Tolek , thanks again smile.gif
Tolek
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Feb 5 2009, 04:52 PM) *
Thank you so much Tolek for this lesson
I requested it and you delivered it perfectly !

I never start POD farm and thats why POD never showed on my MSN
Very helpful info Tolek , thanks again smile.gif

Glad that I could help you. That´s kind of a thank you to you because of the motivation and tips you give me. smile.gif
Cheers
Ivan Milenkovic
Tolek does this thing work without latency?
Chris Evans
QUOTE (Tolek @ Feb 5 2009, 03:48 PM) *
Thanks for opening. smile.gif
If you are looking for a test partner, you can add me. biggrin.gif Would be really amazing to have a jam with you. smile.gif

yes we`ll give this a go sometime, although my connection at home is not all that good sad.gif but we can try smile.gif
Tolek
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Feb 6 2009, 10:03 PM) *
Tolek does this thing work without latency?

Sometimes there´s latency, but sometimes we can have a pretty nice sounding jam in real time. It all depends on I don´t know what. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Smells @ Feb 7 2009, 01:52 AM) *
yes we`ll give this a go sometime, although my connection at home is not all that good sad.gif but we can try smile.gif

Very cool! smile.gif Send me a PM when you´re ready, then I´ll give you my msn adress.
Bogdan Radovic
Nice tutorial , I gotta test this smile.gif
Emir Hot
This is useful info. Cheers for this.
kaznie_NL
How can u use your headset and your guitar at the same time? I can't seem to record them at the same time tongue.gif
Tolek
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Feb 7 2009, 01:42 PM) *
How can u use your headset and your guitar at the same time? I can't seem to record them at the same time tongue.gif

It´s impossible to use both at the same time unfortunately.
Pedja Simovic
Tolek would this same guide work for SKYPE?
Tolek
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Feb 7 2009, 02:21 PM) *

I think so. I never tried it, but I can do it now. smile.gif I´m going to let you know if it works.
Pedja Simovic
QUOTE (Tolek @ Feb 7 2009, 02:36 PM) *
I think so. I never tried it, but I can do it now. smile.gif I´m going to let you know if it works.

That would be great man !
I used to use skype and now I am planing to download it again and have some jams on it.
Looking forward to it smile.gif
Outlaw2112
skype works fine for this...
Ivan Milenkovic
I must try the Skype thing, sounds cool if possible smile.gif
Tolek
Sure, no problem. It is basically the same thing, there are only different images and texts. If you need someone to try with, I can help you. biggrin.gif
Emir Hot
Skype has half a second delay regardless of internet speed
Tolek
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Mar 8 2009, 06:51 PM) *
Skype has half a second delay regardless of internet speed

Hm. not good... Thanks for the info.
kjutte
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Feb 7 2009, 03:21 PM) *

No, but it's just as easy.
Pedja Simovic
QUOTE (kjutte @ Mar 30 2009, 11:35 PM) *
No, but it's just as easy.

I figured it out in the meanwhile thanks smile.gif
kjutte
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Mar 30 2009, 11:42 PM) *
I figured it out in the meanwhile thanks smile.gif

I'm glad smile.gif
Marcus Lavendell
I've played with few GMC'ers using eJamming, and it worked pretty well I think smile.gif
Tolek
QUOTE (Marcus Lavendell @ Apr 1 2009, 02:30 PM) *
I've played with few GMC'ers using eJamming, and it worked pretty well I think smile.gif

That must be a great thing! ohmy.gif Thanks for sharing it!
Bogdan Radovic
QUOTE (Marcus Lavendell @ Apr 1 2009, 02:30 PM) *

I tried it few times but it didn't work for me sad.gif There were constant disconnecting problems all the time...But I haven't tried in a while , maybe they have repaired all the bugs so far! smile.gif
Vasilije Vukmirovic
Wow, this is what I've been waiting for, fantastic explanation.
I mean, that half second delay is tricky...but they will fix it some how in the future...

Carlos Carrillo
Very cool Tolek. this work very well for me because I have Jam sessions with Some members. It´s really cool laugh.gif
Tolek
I´m glad you like it! smile.gif
Pedja Simovic
I remember asking you specifically to post this guide. Glad to see everybody is benefiting from it !
Tolek
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ May 6 2009, 05:13 PM) *
I remember asking you specifically to post this guide. Glad to see everybody is benefiting from it !

Oh yes, I remember. biggrin.gif It´s stunning how many people want to jam via MSN. It´s a lot of fun. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.