Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boogie - Collaboration
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Collaborations
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Emir Hot
Hi

Welcome to my second collaboration. This time we have BOOGIE.

The chord progression:

A - 8 bars (minor/major pentatonic, blues scale or mixolydian scale)
D - 4 bars (better option is mixolydian or stay in A pentatonic)
A - 4 bars (minor/major pentatonic, blues scale or mixolydian scale)
G - 1 bar (Major scale, major pentatonic - lydian and mixolydian will also work)
D - 1 bar (mixolydian)
A - 1 bar (minor/major pentatonic, blues scale or mixolydian scale)
outro fill in E - (mixolydian)

Attention everybody !!!

You have to record 2 separate takes. Please watch the intro video about all the details.

There is no limit for participants. Anyone can play.

The deadline is 20. February (two weeks).

I hope you will have fun with this one and I wish you happy and great playing smile.gif

Emir

------------------------------------

Group 1

1. ErikEklund
2. ztevie
3. fatb0t
4. enforcer
5. coffeeman
6. Jesse
7. Velvet Roger
8. Toroso
9. kaznie_NL
10. Pedja Simovic

Group 2

1. Tolek
2. superize
3. Sondre
4. Smells
5. Ajmurrell
6. UncleSkillet
7. coloneldrew
8. Col Roberts
9. Marc_Maiden
10. Rated Htr

Group 3

1. Boson
2. Nermin
3. Paiva
4. Caelumamittendum
5. SonofDestiny
6. strat
7. Dexxter
8. OrganisedConfusion
9. Sergio Dorado
10. JamesT

---------------------------------------------------
My take

ErikEklund
Really cool backingtrack, Im in smile.gif
ztevie
I'm in of course!
fatb0t
I would like to try...
enforcer
I want more slammin! I am in too laugh.gif
coffeeman
Im in!
Emir Hot
Thank you guys I added you. Please make sure you watch that video for the instructions.
Jesse
Gotta love the boogie!
Emir Hot
QUOTE (Jesse @ Feb 6 2009, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gotta love the boogie!

Yeah boogie is cool. I think that meant you want to sign up smile.gif

I added you.
Velvet Roger
Will certainly try to produce something before the 20th, but not sure whether I am going to make it (too many other things going on currently). If I did not submit by the 20th, just let it go smile.gif

Jesse
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 6 2009, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah boogie is cool. I think that meant you want to sign up smile.gif

I added you.

Didn't when I posted, but I saw your intro vid, and now I want to join!

Your guitar tone rules... it's dirty but yet clean biggrin.gif GO TRIPLETS GO, TRIPLETS BE GOOD!
ztevie
After the great job you did last collab, Emir, I think you can count on +100 participants now, haha... laugh.gif
Toroso
I want to try this again if I may. wink.gif
Emir Hot
QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Feb 6 2009, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will certainly try to produce something before the 20th, but not sure whether I am going to make it (too many other things going on currently). If I did not submit by the 20th, just let it go smile.gif

Ok Velvet, try your best and if you can't don't worry. Thanks anyway smile.gif

QUOTE (Jesse @ Feb 6 2009, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Didn't when I posted, but I saw your intro vid, and now I want to join!

Your guitar tone rules... it's dirty but yet clean biggrin.gif GO TRIPLETS GO, TRIPLETS BE GOOD!

Thanks smile.gif I use amplitube 2. Give this one a go if you wanna play some cool blues/rock licks.

QUOTE (ztevie @ Feb 6 2009, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After the great job you did last collab, Emir, I think you can count on +100 participants now, haha... laugh.gif

Thanks ztevie smile.gif I don't think it will be more than 25 anyway. Even with 25 I need 5 days to record all the comments. This collab is actually not getting a huge response as the last one. I remember I had 15 people in just 1 hour after I posted the thread. They might be worried about all the scales I suggested in the 1st post smile.gif But nothing really to worry about, those are just suggestions. This track is pretty much straight forward rock/bluesy kind of style, just a faster type of it.

QUOTE (Toroso @ Feb 6 2009, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want to try this again if I may. wink.gif

Sure Toroso, thanks for coming back. I will give you a special attention. Got some stuff ready for you to help you. We'll talk tomorrow as we agreed smile.gif

Cheers
kaznie_NL
Me is in tongue.gif
Emir Hot
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Feb 6 2009, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Me is in tongue.gif

Sure man smile.gif You had a nice rock solo last time.
ztevie
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 6 2009, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks ztevie smile.gif I don't think it will be more than 25 anyway. Even with 25 I need 5 days to record all the comments. This collab is actually not getting a huge response as the last one. I remember I had 15 people in just 1 hour after I posted the thread. They might be worried about all the scales I suggested in the 1st post smile.gif But nothing really to worry about, those are just suggestions. This track is pretty much straight forward rock/bluesy kind of style, just a faster type of it.

I think you might not have so many because there's a lot going on right now. Muris just started 2 collabs and 1 competition. February months 3-level competition was just announced the other day... And some more stuff also just started.
This is very straight-forward stuff, I agree. It's faster, but it's really very basic, so noone should be afraid trying...
It can be a challenge to make a solo stick out I think, be more interesting so to speak. Let's see if the participants can find some way to escape the "normal" soloing for this kind of stuff and make it a little bit special.
Tolek
I´m in! smile.gif
Emir Hot
QUOTE (ztevie @ Feb 6 2009, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let's see if the participants can find some way to escape the "normal" soloing for this kind of stuff and make it a little bit special.

That's what I would love to see smile.gif

QUOTE (Tolek @ Feb 6 2009, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I´m in! smile.gif

Sure Tolek smile.gif Thanks for joining
Pedja Simovic
Great to see your new collaboration up and running.
By the way, Instructors 80's rock collaboration is posted now. I know you wanted comments so bad Emir, go check it out HERE
superize
I want in
Sondre
Im in! biggrin.gif
Emir Hot
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Feb 6 2009, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great to see your new collaboration up and running.
By the way, Instructors 80's rock collaboration is posted now. I know you wanted comments so bad Emir, go check it out HERE

Hahaha yes it's really bad smile.gif Thank you for the comment, it's actually exactly as you wrote. Thanks for that.

QUOTE (superize @ Feb 6 2009, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want in

added smile.gif

QUOTE (Sondre @ Feb 6 2009, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im in! biggrin.gif

added smile.gif
Chris Evans
I`ll have a crack please smile.gif
Emir Hot
QUOTE (Smells @ Feb 6 2009, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I`ll have a crack please smile.gif

Great you're with us smile.gif
Chris Evans
really fun backing, loved the second half! biggrin.gif

Thought I`d get this out quick in case I dont get time another night, hopefully I got all the instructions correct *fingers crossed* smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

no effects but drive on these two smile.gif
Ajmurrell
you know I want in smile.gif
Emir Hot
QUOTE (Smells @ Feb 7 2009, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thought I`d get this out quick in case I dont get time another night, hopefully I got all the instructions correct *fingers crossed* smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

great smile.gif This is how everybody should send tracks. Haven't checked your signal yet but I believe it's ok. Also hope that solo guitar tracks are mono. Now I am listening on laptop. Thanks

QUOTE (Ajmurrell @ Feb 7 2009, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you know I want in smile.gif

I've been waiting for you to sign up smile.gif
Chris Evans
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 7 2009, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
great smile.gif This is how everybody should send tracks. Haven't checked your signal yet but I believe it's ok. Also hope that solo guitar tracks are mono. Now I am listening on laptop. Thanks

yes they are recorded in mono smile.gif
UncleSkillet
I am already in Mirus's Fusion collab but want to do yours also. 2 week time limit is the same for both so that's going to be tough.

I will try really hard to upload a track but I only get to play once or twice a week.

I will start with both collabs tomorrow.
Emir Hot
QUOTE (Smells @ Feb 7 2009, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes they are recorded in mono smile.gif

Excellent smile.gif The first take and all done properly like I explained. I hope it wasn't a difficult task. It's just 3 things to remember. A take like this is ready to be mixed without spending time for any editing before that. Well done

QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Feb 7 2009, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am already in Mirus's Fusion collab but want to do yours also. 2 week time limit is the same for both so that's going to be tough.

I will try really hard to upload a track but I only get to play once or twice a week.

I will start with both collabs tomorrow.

Ok uncle I added you. Don't worry if you don't manage. I told the same to Velvet Roger. Thanks for trying anyway.
coloneldrew
Definitely in on this one.

Thanks in advance!
Emir Hot
QUOTE (coloneldrew @ Feb 7 2009, 12:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Definitely in on this one.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks mate smile.gif

added
Chris Evans
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 7 2009, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Excellent smile.gif The first take and all done properly like I explained. I hope it wasn't a diffuclt task. It's just 3 things to remember. A take like this is ready to be mixed without spending time for any editing before that. Well done

not difficult at all smile.gif

just made sure I watched your vid first, perfectly clear smile.gif
Col Roberts
I'll give it a go.

UncleSkillet
Hey Emir, would a Cry Baby Wah pedal be ok with out delay and reverb?
lcsdds
Emir,
I have been busier than usual and at the moment only have time to finish up Muris's "play like me" competition. I already had to bow out of his fusion collab. mad.gif I'm in on your next one for sure though. smile.gif I'm serious, I might have to cut back to a part time job to keep up with all the collabs and competitions around here. laugh.gif laugh.gif Look forward to everybody's takes and Emir's comments. Rock on Guys!!!
Marc_Maiden
ill hit it!!! i have time!!!!!!

Boson
QUOTE (Smells @ Feb 7 2009, 02:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

omg I wish I could do that!

I'd like to give this a try Emir, so please add me.

If I dont make it by 20th go ahead without me. As a beginner it still takes me a long time to come up with something Im happy with but Im sure I learn a lot along the way.

Thanks for organising this. biggrin.gif
Emir Hot
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Feb 7 2009, 01:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Emir, would a Cry Baby Wah pedal be ok with out delay and reverb?

Yes you can record with wah pedal. Those effects I can't copy. This applies for slide as well.

QUOTE (Col Roberts @ Feb 7 2009, 01:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll give it a go.

You're in smile.gif

QUOTE (lcsdds @ Feb 7 2009, 02:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Emir,
I have been busier than usual and at the moment only have time to finish up Muris's "play like me" competition. I already had to bow out of his fusion collab. mad.gif I'm in on your next one for sure though. smile.gif I'm serious, I might have to cut back to a part time job to keep up with all the collabs and competitions around here. laugh.gif laugh.gif Look forward to everybody's takes and Emir's comments. Rock on Guys!!!

No problem Monte. You are always welcome. Visit us here sometimes ang give some feedback smile.gif

QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Feb 7 2009, 05:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, you're in.

QUOTE (Boson @ Feb 7 2009, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
omg I wish I could do that!

I'd like to give this a try Emir, so please add me.

If I dont make it by 20th go ahead without me. As a beginner it still takes me a long time to come up with something Im happy with but Im sure I learn a lot along the way.

Thanks for organising this. biggrin.gif

No problem, I added you. Please write when you started playing guitar. It will help me for the response.
Pedja Simovic
Emir I might join this but not with 100% certainty, if you don't mind ?

I want to hear your comments on my take - its not fair for me to comment your playing, you should do the same for mine smile.gif
Paiva
I'm in wink.gif
Storm Linnebjerg
I'd sure like to join in as well!
Marc_Maiden
oh yeah i forgot, ive been playing guitar for 4 years
Boson
I have been playing for 4 or 5 months. Since September 2008.
Emir Hot
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Feb 7 2009, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Emir I might join this but not with 100% certainty, if you don't mind ?

I want to hear your comments on my take - its not fair for me to comment your playing, you should do the same for mine smile.gif

Sure Pedja. It's great that we have an instructor here. I think there are many places where you can do some jazzy licks. Thanks for joining smile.gif

QUOTE (Paiva @ Feb 7 2009, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm in wink.gif

Added, thanks for coming back smile.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 7 2009, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd sure like to join in as well!

Added as well, cheers smile.gif

QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Feb 7 2009, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh yeah i forgot, ive been playing guitar for 4 years

Thanks Marc

QUOTE (Boson @ Feb 7 2009, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have been playing for 4 or 5 months. Since September 2008.

Great. Thank you.
If you are not comfortable with changing modes you can do pentatonic and blues licks. Ask if you need any help.
SonofDestiny
Mind if I join? smile.gif
Emir Hot
QUOTE (SonofDestiny @ Feb 7 2009, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mind if I join? smile.gif

Of course I don't. Thanks for coming back smile.gif
strat
Hi Emir,

cool new stuff! I would like to join but I've never played boogie,
I hope this won't end up in a disaster! mellow.gif

cheers strat
Emir Hot
QUOTE (strat @ Feb 7 2009, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Emir,

cool new stuff! I would like to join but I've never played boogie,
I hope this won't end up in a disaster! mellow.gif

cheers strat

Come on in man smile.gif This is a simple stuff. Play some blues/rock licks and you'll be fine. I added you. Watch my intro video there are some tips about scales you can use.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.