Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thing Of Buying A Fender Stratocaster Richie Sambora Signature Black Paisley!
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
playaxeman
Hi all,

I always like to have a Fender strat. But then a special one with a floyd Rose trem and Dimarzio pic ups

I have been looking all lot but they are very rare.

Now i can buy one for € 2300 ( sad.gif not cheap)

What is your opinion about this one

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

playaxeman
Hi Vic,

yeah i can't be bad and probly it will be okay

But will it be worth the 2300 eur? I mean isn't it over rated?
playaxeman
Hi Vic,

I will take a look at your suggestion "yngiwe malmsteen signature"
Outlaw2112
If price is no object get this strat...

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product...itar?sku=526795
playaxeman
QUOTE (VictorUK @ Feb 7 2009, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeh, i wouldn't recoomend it, it even costs more than a ibanez JEM 20th anneversery (besides the tonal qualities of acrylic) and they look 10 x better.

Btw Its yngwie malmsteen i spelt it wrong biggrin.gif

Ibanez JEM 20th Anniversary is cool but € 3800 ahhhh

Ibanez JEM 7V WH White Beauty is cheaper € 1550

QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Feb 7 2009, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Outlaw

$12,500.00 + sales tax and import tax makes $ 15.125,--........unfortunately price is an object

....unless it makes me play like Yngwie, than this is forth it biggrin.gif
Velvet Roger
That signature model isn't bad, however somehow I find a Fender strat with floyd rose as strange as a Gibson les paul with a floyd rose smile.gif.

I would rather go for an Ibanez, Jackson or ESP if you are really into dive bombs etc.

Ultimately, just go to a guitar shop, and try-out all kinds of guitars (also ones you are not really thinking about at all).... you will be surprised which ones you will like and which ones you don't.

I never expected 5 months ago that I would play a EJ strat, but that's just the way it went smile.gif
playaxeman
QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Feb 7 2009, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That signature model isn't bad, however somehow I find a Fender strat with floyd rose as strange as a Gibson les paul with a floyd rose smile.gif.

I would rather go for an Ibanez, Jackson or ESP if you are really into dive bombs etc.

Ultimately, just go to a guitar shop, and try-out all kinds of guitars (also ones you are not really thinking about at all).... you will be surprised which ones you will like and which ones you don't.

I never expected 5 months ago that I would play a EJ strat, but that's just the way it went smile.gif

He Velvet Roger,

ESP of Jackson i haven't though of them. Thx for the tip.
The EJ is also cool but maybe have to play them in a local guitar shop.

Thx
fatb0t
Eh signature guitars aren't my thing.. You can get a custom shop guitar for that much money that's built to your specifications...
Guitarman700
My Great grandma had a couch with that exact Paisley pattern.
Praetorian
That is a nice guitar...but to me a strat can only have the stock tremolo and three single coils. It is a great guitar...but not a true strat in my opinion. That's just me though...if you like it then go for it!
Toni Suominen
It's a good guitar, but I think the fact that it's a signature model makes it more expensive, so you can probably buy a strat which is equally good as that one, but which isn't a signature guitar.
sted
Man, you could get the MOTHER of strats for that sort of cash, something like a Custom Shop Heavy 60's Relic which is a guitar that will be worth money in years to come. Strats are a very emotive subject for people, they are like marmite, you love them or you hate them!
If you want a floyd rose and Dimarzio's you would definitley be disappointed with a a typical strat sound, they are a different animal altogether, I would definitely go and try a few Ibanez models as these seem to have the metal market cornered at the moment.
At the end of the day you could pick up a high grade Ibanez AND a USA standard strat for that sort of money!

Plus of course paisley sux.
kaznie_NL
I think it might be better to spend the money on a very good Strat, and then put some Dimarzio's in yourself! If you want a Strat model with Floyd Rose, just get an Ibanez RG premier.
Marshmall0wz
Hey check out Carvin guitars. EVERY single one is custom made and they're definitely in your range. It's like having a custom guitar except for cheap, OH WAIT it is custom smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
It's really a beautiful Strat, but too expensive. For that kind of money you can buy a killer strat. It may not look as good but it will play like a bomb.
Bogdan Radovic
I would stay away from the signature models and try to get a different strat for the money..This guitar is beautiful and all - it surly plays great but I doubt it beats other guitars at the same price...
playaxeman
Hi GMC

Wanna thank you all for your commend on this guitar.

I have listened closely to what you have been saying and i not gonna buy this guitar.

I will look for some other one.

Cherio

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.