Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Andrew6
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > MTP - The Mentored Training Program > Tolek
Tolek
Hey Andrew6! smile.gif
This is the place where you are going to post your homework.
Andrew6
Coool cool.gif
Andrew6
About Me

• Andrew Chatterton
  • Saint John New Brunswick, Canada
  • When I was 19ish
  • Theory knowledge: I know the basics of theory i.e. the notes, what scales are, I know how they are constructed although sometimes I forget the formulas, I know where some of the notes are on the fretboard and can easily find them if I take a second to work it out. Know all the minor pentonic boxes and where the root notes are.
  • ALOT tongue.gifI cant really give you a solid number but more than an hour daily

Your weaknesses

• Basically Everything
  • Chord progressions
  • Application of known theory
  • Ear training
  • Phrasing
  • Advanced Technique ( String skipping, more than 3 string sweeps)

Your goals (-> what do you want to achieve? techniques,...)

• I want to be able to arrange and compose effectively
  • take whats in my head and convert it to music
  • not allow physical constraints to hold back my creativity
  • Shred:P
  • increase my chord / scale vocabulary as well as my knowledge of them

here is a vid of me on my brand new guitar I got today, Its not the best as the string gauge is weird and its my first time on the guitar and first time using jazz style picks laugh.gif so honestly its quite a mess tongue.gif Its The Trooper by Iron Maiden. the 5 way selector switch also messes with me as I am used to 3 and having just two humbuckers as opposed to the 3 pickup set up smile.gif

* EDIT I do have guitar pro Tolek tongue.gif
Andrew6
Marcus neo classic
Tolek
QUOTE (Andrew6 @ Feb 25 2009, 10:03 PM) *
Marcus neo classic

Comment posted.
Tolek
QUOTE (Andrew6 @ Feb 28 2009, 08:09 PM) *

Well, about your playing I don´t have to say anything. It was perfect. smile.gif
Maybe a hint about placing the camera. I personally prefer seeing more the guitar. You can just cut your head (Ouch! laugh.gif) and focus on the guitar because the action is happening there. smile.gif

Edit: I just saw something. Maybe! biggrin.gif Could you please make a little video or picture that shows how you hold the pic? I know that I mentioned it one time, but I wasn´t sure how you were holding it exactly. So, I couldn´t really make a judgement. smile.gif
Andrew6
yeap 1 second

theres two they were difficult to take due to having to use my laptop to take them tongue.gif
Tolek
QUOTE (Andrew6 @ Feb 28 2009, 08:17 PM) *
yeap 1 second

theres two they were difficult to take due to having to use my laptop to take them tongue.gif

Thanks. I see that you are holding the pick correctly and your hand position is ok, too. smile.gif
Andrew6
QUOTE (Tolek @ Feb 28 2009, 03:41 PM) *
Thanks. I see that you are holding the pick correctly and your hand position is ok, too. smile.gif

whew , thats relief tongue.gif. I play more normal standing but my camera is on a table and I cant adjust that well to record playing standing. My arms are really long so I kind of play awkard when I have to sit down and play like that.
Andrew6
Sweep attempt #1
Tolek
1 2009, 05:05 PM' post='346985']
QUOTE (Andrew6 @ Mar 1 2009, 05:05 PM) *
Sweep attempt #1

Comment posted!
Tolek
QUOTE (Andrew6 @ Mar 1 2009, 08:56 PM) *

Comment posted.
Andrew6
http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=25263

Improvement on the last neoclassic
Tolek
QUOTE (Andrew6 @ Mar 3 2009, 12:27 AM) *

Comment posted!
Tolek
QUOTE (Andrew6 @ Mar 15 2009, 05:32 AM) *

Sorry, I can´t comment those videos now because I am at my father´s and he has some internet problems and so I can´t watch youtube videos. I´ll try to comment them tonight. smile.gif
Andrew6
QUOTE (Tolek @ Mar 15 2009, 09:27 AM) *
Sorry, I can´t comment those videos now because I am at my father´s and he has some internet problems and so I can´t watch youtube videos. I´ll try to comment them tonight. smile.gif

No rush I just wanted to have them in the uploads topic where they are supposed to be laugh.gif
Outlaw2112
nice playin andrew.
Andrew6
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Mar 15 2009, 11:00 AM) *
nice playin andrew.

Thanks smile.gif
Tolek
QUOTE (Andrew6 @ Mar 15 2009, 02:58 PM) *
No rush I just wanted to have them in the uploads topic where they are supposed to be laugh.gif

Ok. smile.gif

QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Mar 15 2009, 03:00 PM) *
nice playin andrew.

Please don´t post in the topics of the MTP. Those are only for the mentorees and me, the mentor.
Tolek
Comment posted!
Andrew6
This is a vid of the bending lesson you gave me which I have found to be ridiculously difficult laugh.gif .I ve never played the blues and all of these double bends and pre bends are murdering me. I dont know that I will ever be able to play this lol.

Andrew6
no comments for this one tongue.gif laugh.gif that bad?
Tolek
QUOTE (Andrew6 @ Mar 26 2009, 10:21 PM) *
no comments for this one tongue.gif laugh.gif that bad?

Sorry. biggrin.gif It´s not bad, but I have not much time and I am pretty powerless. so I can´t give constructive critique. Maybe this weekend I´ll do a video for you. smile.gif
Andrew6
alright sounds good tongue.gif
Tolek
QUOTE (Andrew6 @ Mar 26 2009, 10:25 PM) *
alright sounds good tongue.gif

Thanks for understanding. biggrin.gif
Andrew6
heres another when you get the chance

Tolek
Comment posted!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.