Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey Monte - Find The Stop Button.....
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > MTP - The Mentored Training Program > Lcsdds
jer
AND WAIL ON THAT MAMBAJAMBA!!!!!!!!

I think we have enough to work on for some time.

I for one am not making any ground because almost every day there is something new to think about. So I still dont have the triads memorized.

24 triads, 3 pentatonics, 3 diatonics, kaz box note counting, 2 original licks, original solo, lydian beginner....... Even if I could practice for 90 min EVERY day thats only like 10 min on each topic. I for one am just spread too thin.

We are already talking about creating licks and solos with patterns introduced on day 1 that I havent memorized yet.

I know its the 9th and we have til the 31st but I can already tell it aint gonna happen.

I for one need breathing room. I need to let topic 1 sink in before I can build on it. Also when that 2nd topic comes I'll understand it easier since I already had item 1 down cold.

Dont worry about anyone who blazes through it. There is a zillion lessons here to be learning on the side while waiting for the next mtp lesson. You wont lose anyone due to boredom....

I'm not trying to speak for everyone but I doubt I'm alone.

lcsdds
QUOTE (jer @ Mar 9 2009, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AND WAIL ON THAT MAMBAJAMBA!!!!!!!!

I think we have enough to work on for some time.

I for one am not making any ground because almost every day there is something new to think about. So I still dont have the triads memorized.

24 triads, 3 pentatonics, 3 diatonics, kaz box note counting, 2 original licks, original solo, lydian beginner....... Even if I could practice for 90 min EVERY day thats only like 10 min on each topic. I for one am just spread too thin.

We are already talking about creating licks and solos with patterns introduced on day 1 that I havent memorized yet.

I know its the 9th and we have til the 31st but I can already tell it aint gonna happen.

I for one need breathing room. I need to let topic 1 sink in before I can build on it. Also when that 2nd topic comes I'll understand it easier since I already had item 1 down cold.

Dont worry about anyone who blazes through it. There is a zillion lessons here to be learning on the side while waiting for the next mtp lesson. You wont lose anyone due to boredom....

I'm not trying to speak for everyone but I doubt I'm alone.

Understood Jer....Sorry. I think though that we have spent the last 3 weeks learning A LOT of theory. To make it sink in this collab with Pedja is just the ticket. Like I said before.....If you need to shelve everything else do it. If you want to learn your triads, what better way than composing a solo with them. Pedja wants you to stick with just chord tones....This is what we have been talking about. You asked me when we first started....."why do I need to know triads".....Here is a perfect opportunity to apply them. I'd rather see you work on this collab than anything else. There are 4 or 5 different chords and 3 different chord types in the progression. You are gonna learn how to move shapes around the fretboard. If you work on this collab you are gonna learn a ton or arpeggio shapes that you wouldn't otherwise learn. You can't tell me you have been messing with your triad shapes more than to learn them enough to make a video for me. It's up to you guys. If you feel that you have other things that are more important no problem guys...I just thought that this was the perfect way to see how to use your triad shapes and learn some cool arpeggio shapes at the same time. Up to you guys....But I think if you don't do it you are missing out on a great opportunity. This collab is not about who can write the coolest solo. It is VERY FOCUSED. It is soloing over chord changes using ONLY CHORD TONES. No more assignments guys until you tell me you want more. Sorry...I really do need a prescription for Ritalin. laugh.gif tongue.gif
jer
Its all good.

I do agree that this collab is a great idea.

Especially since I don't see the importance of triads yet.

But we'll discuss that elsewhere.

I'm shelving everything to work on this. Then when its done I'll come back to the other stuff.

lcsdds
QUOTE (jer @ Mar 9 2009, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its all good.

I do agree that this collab is a great idea.

Especially since I don't see the importance of triads yet.

But we'll discuss that elsewhere.

I'm shelving everything to work on this. Then when its done I'll come back to the other stuff.

I agree with you Jer. IMO if you practice more than an hour a day you should have plenty of time for this collab. You could do nothing but play quarter notes for this thing and it would be beneficail. I'll go over all that later. Keep checking the "Pedja's collab" thread. I'm gonna upload a tab you can use if you choose. Don't need it...you could do the whole thiing by just taking each chord and breaking it up into its component triads and using one or both of them. I seriously don't know of a better way to make you guys see the importance of triads. Especially since the rule of the collab is only chord tones that are found in the chord you are soloing over. It is like homework....but way cooler. cool.gif
opeth.db
I get what you saying Monte. But I also forgot what its like to have a newborn +1. I realistically have only been getting 30-45 minutes a night because I am about to fall asleep at my desk.

But whatever you want us to do I told you Ill do. But for me it just negates you updating my thread today what Im supposed to be working on and to be honest thats probably a tad more important right now. Pedja's collab will always be there to work on after the fact and we can create our own collab here.

I usually like to eat everything on my plate before I go get seconds. tongue.gif
lcsdds
QUOTE (opeth.db @ Mar 10 2009, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I get what you saying Monte. But I also forgot what its like to have a newborn +1. I realistically have only been getting 30-45 minutes a night because I am about to fall asleep at my desk.

But whatever you want us to do I told you Ill do. But for me it just negates you updating my thread today what Im supposed to be working on and to be honest thats probably a tad more important right now. Pedja's collab will always be there to work on after the fact and we can create our own collab here.

I usually like to eat everything on my plate before I go get seconds. tongue.gif

No problem Dan. You can prioritize what you want...no big deal. smile.gif I totally remember the newborn stage. Just got my last one potty trained and sleeping in his own bed. tongue.gif Just do what you can. No worries. smile.gif
opeth.db
Monte-

Just tell me what to work on.

I expect an updated agenda in my thread. ph34r.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.