Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kaz-box Videos
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > MTP - The Mentored Training Program > Lcsdds
lcsdds
Alright guys....You have heard me go on and on and on and on.......AND ON......about using the Kaz-box.

I thought I would use this thread to give you guys video responses on how to use it. So...If you have any questions on any of the lessons or anything in general on how to phrase something with the Kaz-box ask here.

If you could take a screenshot of the tab of the phrase you are wanting me to break down I can go over it on a video and tell you exactly how I would count it and try and learn it with the Kaz-box. It can be anything.

Download the tab if you would and I am gonna make a video demonstrating it. I believe Dan works on this quite a bit. I am just running up and down the "A" Ionian box but playing it in different groupings:

triplets
16ths
quintuplets
16th triplets

I'll post later today and you can ask if you have any questions.
kaznie_NL
AAAAAAAHHHH.... It's the quintuplets again xD
hahaha, I just advanced searched this forum on "kaz" unfortunatley no hits xD that's how good the search works laugh.gif
lcsdds
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Mar 11 2009, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AAAAAAAHHHH.... It's the quintuplets again xD
hahaha, I just advanced searched this forum on "kaz" unfortunatley no hits xD that's how good the search works laugh.gif

I only put the quintuplets in there because Opeth.db requested it.....Right Dan! tongue.gif You don't have to play the quintuplets but you are gonna find that they are used alot. Muris used them in alot of his advanced lessons......Canon is D comes to mind. That whole last lick is ALL quintuplets. tongue.gif smile.gif
opeth.db
LIES!

QUOTE (lcsdds @ Mar 11 2009, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I only put the quintuplets in there because Opeth.db requested it.....Right Dan! tongue.gif You don't have to play the quintuplets but you are gonna find that they are used alot. Muris used them in alot of his advanced lessons......Canon is D comes to mind. That whole last lick is ALL quintuplets. tongue.gif smile.gif

Storm Linnebjerg
I'm curios, Monte and you other guys. I've heard the Kaz-box mentioned a few times, but I can't find a thread explaining what it really is. Anyone care for an elaboration? smile.gif
lcsdds
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 11 2009, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm curios, Monte and you other guys. I've heard the Kaz-box mentioned a few times, but I can't find a thread explaining what it really is. Anyone care for an elaboration? smile.gif

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=25055

Post number 3 at the very end. laugh.gif tongue.gif
Outlaw2112
3 notes per beat and 3 notes per string there isnt any problems for me... its when i start doing other things
like 2 notes on one string and 1 on another string that i start to have problems... heres a video to see my kaz box
struggling. dry.gif

lcsdds
John...I'm uploading a video for you tonight to check out. If you work on that tab I gave you it will help. You are playing the same exact pattern but using 3 different phrasings. I demonstrated the first Muris lick at the end of the phrygian lesson to.

I'll use this video as a baseline and you can tell me what you want to see to try and explain it better. I didn't do a very good job of getting my guitar in the video but you don't need to see it anyways. You just need to hear what is going on. I would really like to see you put some time in with the tab and see if you can't get me a video of it in a week or so. It will help alot I think. I'll post the video when it is done loading. I'll make another one if you need me to so you can see how I would pick the lick as well.

Cut me a little slack....this is the first spoken video I have done. smile.gif
Outlaw2112
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Mar 12 2009, 03:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
John...I'm uploading a video for you tonight to check out. If you work on that tab I gave you it will help. You are playing the same exact pattern but using 3 different phrasings. I demonstrated the first Muris lick at the end of the phrygian lesson to.

I'll use this video as a baseline and you can tell me what you want to see to try and explain it better. I didn't do a very good job of getting my guitar in the video but you don't need to see it anyways. You just need to hear what is going on. I would really like to see you put some time in with the tab and see if you can't get me a video of it in a week or so. It will help alot I think. I'll post the video when it is done loading. I'll make another one if you need me to so you can see how I would pick the lick as well.

Cut me a little slack....this is the first spoken video I have done. smile.gif

cool, lookin forward to it.

Ill post my sweeps in a few minutes
lcsdds
Here you go John. Hope this helps a little bit. I'll try to make a video of some sweeping today.

Outlaw2112
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Mar 12 2009, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here you go John. Hope this helps a little bit. I'll try to make a video of some sweeping today.

thanks monte,

I cant wait to get home from work and get on this.. Getting the metronome down
is my number 1 priority at the moment.
opeth.db
The realization of how important this is was like a brick in the face last week. I mean look at my avatar pic tongue.gif

Its all I have been concentrating on lately.
lcsdds
QUOTE (opeth.db @ Mar 12 2009, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The realization of how important this is was like a brick in the face last week. I mean look at my avatar pic tongue.gif

Its all I have been concentrating on lately.

Just curious Dan......What made you realize it was so important?
opeth.db
It just is Monte.

As simple as mixing hersheys chocolate to milk to make chocolate milk. Like lemons to lemonade.

Music is simple. ITs structured. I understand that there is a lot to learn but what it boils down to is that there are beats and how many of them are there.

QUite simple actually. laugh.gif

yea right! LOL!

Outlaw2112
QUOTE (opeth.db @ Mar 12 2009, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It just is Monte.

As simple as mixing hersheys chocolate to milk to make chocolate milk. Like lemons to lemonade.

Music is simple. ITs structured. I understand that there is a lot to learn but what it boils down to is that there are beats and how many of them are there.

QUite simple actually. laugh.gif

yea right! LOL!

dan i added you to skype i think.... when do you usually get on? I would like to get with you on this
metronome thing... It has become priority #1 with me

also i get the concept of the whole thing... its just the counting thing that gets me, counting 6 notes per beat gets kinda hard... or is it something that i just have to get used to the feeling of doing 3,4,5 or 6 notes per beat

lcsdds
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Mar 13 2009, 02:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dan i added you to skype i think.... when do you usually get on? I would like to get with you on this
metronome thing... It has become priority #1 with me

also i get the concept of the whole thing... its just the counting thing that gets me, counting 6 notes per beat gets kinda hard... or is it something that i just have to get used to the feeling of doing 3,4,5 or 6 notes per beat

It is just repetition John. That is why in the video I used the same pattern but played it differently. I want your brain to get used to doing the phrasing and not you relying on a pattern to dictate the phrasing. You said you can play 3 note per string patterns in triplets easy. Not so easy if you take the same pattern and try and play 5 notes per beat. It is just repetition. I know Dan has been working on it pretty hard for a few weeks now and I think he is getting comfortable with it now. The key is to SLOW the metronome WAY DOWN. You want your focus to be the beat and not what your fingers are doing. That is why I picked a simple pattern. Do it every time your practice for awhile and it will be second nature after awhile. Once you get these down your phrasing possiblilities are ENDLESS. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.