Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hello to everyone
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Introduce Yourself !
browq
hi

i'm a 21 year old guitar player from the netherlands. I bought my first guitar after i saw a concert of dream theater. I have always been in to progressive bands like yes and rush, genesis but these guys blew me completely away

I began with taking some online lessons. Basic fingering excersises and some explenation of the music theory. I soon encountered things as barre chords, power chords and i was basically goofing around with some black sabbath/deep purple stuff

one year later i improved somewhat but it wasn't untill i bought the dvd of "john petrucci rock dicipline" i really started to play serious. That tought me how to use the metronome and how scale's apply to music and how to develop your accuracy and speed

one year later i came across this site and wanted to sign up. I'v started at the verry beginning with the lessons cause i don't want any of my techniques to be flawed. I donloaded tons of stuff to get info from. Like joe satriani's guitar secrets. Micheal romeo's the guitar chapter. Basically i'm trying to put that al together and practice my ass off. I practice around 4 to 5 hours every day, on some ocassions more. i listen to a lot of music and i make transcriptions of songs from deep purple and yes. training my ears that way. Also bought a music theory book to make sure i don't do anything wrong and it learned me how to read and write notes

i'm slowy devouring every piece of knowledge on the site and aspire to be a proffesional guitarist no matter what
Kristofer Dahl
Sounds great - if you continue like this I can't see why you wouldn't make it!

Welcome by the way!

Kris biggrin.gif
Steelkonsum
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Feb 2 2007, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds great - if you continue like this I can't see why you wouldn't make it!

Agreed!

And you sound like you will fit right in, welcome. If you need help finding anything on the site I'm your man, I know this site inside out now after all my hours just browsing here; I bet I know it better than kris biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.