Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Website You Should Check Out
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Bands and Guitarists
bluetag
Hey guys you should checkout this website called last fm its pretty sweet is kinda like facebook or myspace but for getting into new music. you start an account there and download the scrobbler to record your itunes or whatever you use to play music in and it puts it on your page and gives you reccomendations each week what i really like about it is that it has concert listing for bands and stuff. anyways you guys should check it out.
berko
Thanks for the link although there are many users here who already listen to a lot of music there. You can discover forum sigs with last fm playlists on GMC. Nonetheless, it's a pretty cool site cool.gif
bluetag
ya its a pretty great site if anyone here uses it mine is add me as a friend.
Pedja Simovic
Thanks for recommending it, looks like a great site !
jafomatic
A less known, and more awesome, feature of last dot fm is that you can use it to manage and offer your own music to the public. This also includes a royalty program, if you'd like to be paid for your work.

note: I haven't researched their copyright ideas at all but I did get the sense that the website is NOT trying to take away ownership your stuff. I would absolutely look closer to make sure before uploading anything.

Fran
I've been using Last.fm for a while now and like it a lot.

I used to listen to pandora before, but then they closed it to those outside US. Last FM is not exactly the same (no "music genome" project afaik), but has some other cool features such as playing your favourite tracks etc.

Santiago Diaz Garces
I always hear about this site and I never checked it. I think time has come.......
Canis
I've been registered for almost two years now, but only started using it the last couple of days. It's awesome ^^

Add me as a friend here =)
VinceG
hey cool, you like Sunny Day Real Estates as well smile.gif

heres mine for anyone wanting to add my last.fm
Canis
QUOTE (VinceG @ May 25 2009, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey cool, you like Sunny Day Real Estates as well smile.gif

heres mine for anyone wanting to add my last.fm

I checked out some Mono after seeing your profile... I love it! ^^
VinceG
Mono is great right? Post-Rock with classical music. Beautiful and surreal.
Canis
QUOTE (VinceG @ May 25 2009, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mono is great right? Post-Rock with classical music. Beautiful and surreal.

They just seem so... Right! tongue.gif
bluetag
ya man i fricken love this site you like fugazi too dont meet to many people into them im a big fan of them. i think im gonna check this mono band soon
Outlaw2112
just added you bluetag... my name on lastfm is outlaw2112...
Bogdan Radovic
Its a great site ! Love to watch the statistics it makes and listen to radio! smile.gif
Marcus Siepen
I have their plugin for Firefox, very nice one .
The Farmer
looks very interesting, just signed up for it and added you guys, so if you get a friend invite from koppenni its just me ok wink.gif so now im trying to figure out using last.fm smile.gif
Disturbed21
yeah i got one too add me (aka enter the doom and gloom if you dare) tongue.gif
http://www.last.fm/user/Disturbed21
Emir Hot
it's a well known site. I listen music there quite often.
Mr T
Been using that site for almost two and a half years now... I like it alot. Especially the recommendations radio is great once you've listened to alot of music.

Mine is: http://www.last.fm/user/Mr_T83
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.